Best height bipod for prone shooting?

Fatelvis

What height Harris bipod, would be the best for shooting prone, with an AR? (I think I like the "swivel" featured one, with leg notches. Any suggestions guys? Thanx-

Skullboy

I use the low Harris Bi-pod on my bolt guns, and on my AR.I forget what the model number is.I prefer the non-swivel model.I have used the swivel model and found that you have to be consious about canting the rifle while shooting.There is also a shorter model of the bi-pods.I think they are called the benchrest model.For the AR, the bi-pod height will be determined on what size mag you use.You should be ok with the low model if you use 20rnd mags, but if you use 30rnd mags, you may have to go up one size. HTH.

Skullboy

AK103K

I use a Harris on my Armalite, The LM model, 9-13" It 's a good height for me. The legs lock at preset notches, and are spring loaded to shoot "out". Sportsmans Guide has them for around $60, which is about the cheapest I've seen.

M700

I use the BRMS (Low, leg notches, swivel) on my 700P. Works fine for prone shooting. Those leg notches are nice to have. Beats fiddling with the stupid friction knobs.