best handgun selection poll

What company has the best handgun selection?

• beretta

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • cz

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • glock

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • hk

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • para ordnance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ruger

Votes: 35 20.8%
  • sig

Votes: 19 11.3%
  • sw

Votes: 51 30.4%
  • taurus

Votes: 28 16.7%

• Total voters

czc3513

What company has the best handgun selection?
What company has the best variety of products?
I do not care what your favorite handgun is.
I do not care what your favorite company is.

I gave the edge to S&W...they seem to have alot of different styles...both auto and revolver. I prefer ruger but do not feel they have the same selection.

joneb

I say Taurus, a vast selection of DA revolvers, a good number of semi-auto's as well as some SA wheel guns. ;)

Sport45

I went with Ruger. They have single and double action revolvers as well as double action pistols. Rimfire and centerfire. Shotguns and rifles too! About the only thing they don't offer is 1911 pattern pistols.

Rightwinger

S&W pretty much has some of everything.

CZ is a close second now that they have Dan Wesson...

SIG... Well I'm not really a fan of the new DAK triggers and so they're going to drop to third. Though being American made makes me want to put them above CZ just for nationalism and such...

The rest don't offer "everything," as those two companies do, when it comes to handguns.

Silvanus

I'd say Taurus. But Ruger also has a big handgun selection. You could even consider Glock, because they have a lot of different calibers and sizes for their handguns, but nevertheless they are all the same.

I believe Sigs are swiss made, not american.

Don't they have factories in America, too?

NBT

I see we have a lot of revolver fans based on the votes.

If I were to get a revolver, I'd probably get a Ruger but for now I'm loving Sigs. :D

westphoenix

I voted Ruger; I remember Taurus had a lot of different models when I bought the 617SS2C. Now that I went to Taurus' web site they definitely have the most models/configurations.

BPShunter

I voted S&W but I'm surprised that you didn't include Springfield. That would have been my first choice. Why no love for Springfield?

waterhouse

It seems that the answer almost has to be a company that makes revolvers as well as autos. How can SIG, which makes 12 different sizes of the same design, along with a 1911 and now the X5 series, compete variety wise with S&W, that makes god knows how many different revolvers, a line of their model autos, and 1911s. And Glock? Variety?

I'd take a SIG over a smith anyday, but Smith has way more variety. I voted Smith, but after reading the thread and remembering the display at SHOT Taurus is probably the correct answer.