Best handgun safe for night stand?

CC268

Hey guys,

I would like to get a nice quick access safe for my handgun (probably will be going with a Glock 19). I want something that I can set on my night stand and something that I can access and open very quickly. I know GunVault makes some great stuff for quick access.

What are your recommendations?

Thanks!

jad0110

Out of 3 Gunvault safes between myself and my parents, only 1 still works. On the other 2 the quick access buttons either work only 25% of the time or not at all.

My recommendation would be something with the mechanical Simplex lock, like a V-Line or Fort Knox, which I own. The Fort Knox is not cheap, but it is very well made and solid.

Do some googling and you'll find videos of 5 year old kids opening most of these safes in mere seconds; the Fort Knox is in a whole other league.

lockedcj7

I use a Brinks lockbox with a programable 4 digit code and keyed backup. I got it in the office supply section of Wally World. It has never failed except when the batteries are dead and it will hold several handguns.

Wishoot

I have a V-Line safe next to my bed with a G19 stowed inside. Both the safe and the gun are exceptionally reliable.

FAS1

One with a mechanical push button lock for its speed, reliability, and durability.

FAS1%2BSide%2BG17%2BSepia.jpg

GyMac

I've got a Cannon gun safe with Simplex lock that I've been using since 1999. Holds 2 handguns. Works great.

Sulaco

I have a GunVault Minivault and it works great for me. I make sure and change out the battery every so often but I haven't had any problems getting it open. If I do have trouble with it, I'll stop using it. So far so good though and can't beat what I paid for it (closeout $20!).

Shoot

Gunvault Speedvault for me. It mounts on the side of your nightstand, and as a result is largely hidden and definitely easy to access. The best feature for my purposes is that it takes up zero space on the nightstand top or in the drawers... I don't have enough space as it is, and adding a gun safe to the clutter would make things even worse, including accessing the gun. I keep it open at night so I don't have to futz with opening it under duress.

Stevie-Ray

My GunVault is probably over ten years old, and I've never had an ounce of trouble with it. May have changed batteries once in that time.

SARuger

I have Speedvaults mounted to studs in the wall on both sides of the bed and a wall mount shotgun vault.

We open them all up when we go to bed, close them in the morning.

The Speedvaults are LED lighted and work flawlessly.

05kas05

I have been looking at this one from American security but have not picked it up yet. All in all it looks like a great safe it's got thicker metal than most of the others I have looked at, it also has four mounting holes on top or bottom so you can bolt it down.
Still want to do a little more looking before I decide for sure so I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 66