Best Gun Store in Atlanta GA

lonegunman

Whats the best gun store in Atlanta? Who has the largest, most diverse inventory of handguns and rifles???

enquiring minds want to know...

Lightsped

I like Adventure Outdoors. Go on I-75 North of ATL, get off at Windy Hill, go towards Marietta/Smryna for about 6 or so miles until you get to South Cobb. Turn right on South Cobb, and Adventure Outdoors is directly on the right. It is a long white building. They claim to have at least 5000 pistols in stock at all times. -- http://www.advout.com

Highpower1

I'll second the vote on Adventure Outdoors. There is also a store called Bernies Sports Center which has a great selection as well. The are new Gwinnett, more so than Atlanta though.

papercut

Adventure Outdoors would get my vote; I haven't measured it, but they must have 60 to 80 feet of glass display cases/counters full of handguns, with rifles and shotguns of various kinds lining the wall behind the counter (sometimes two levels of long guns, one above the other!). Bernie's is pretty good, but they have nowhere near the selection.

My main beef with AO is that a couple of years ago they started to prohibit carrying a loaded gun inside the store, apparently even for CCW holders, and even if it stayed holstered. Annoys the feces out of me. Because of this policy, a friend of mine refers to them as Communist Outdoors now and tries not to go there.

But they have a big selection.

Joe Klug

I won't say I've been to all the gun shops in metro Atlanta but I have visited the majority of them at one time or another. The only place that can come close to Adventure Outdoors in both selection and pricing is Franklin's in Athens.

That's not to say some of the other shops are not worth visiting, they are, it's just that AO is the biggest.

Joe

Lightsped

Ayone know anything about a "Bargin Barn" in Jasper? I tried calling them, but the number I had was incorrect.

Does anyone have the contact info for the "Bargin Barn" and/or any past experiences with this store?

Thumper

Franklin's of Athens...make sure you ask for Worley. I worked there for years and you have to ask to get someone knowledgeable sometimes...

Tell them all that Ronnie said "hi."

treeprof

Lightsped - I've bought a lot of stuff from the Bargain Barn, tho only 1 or 2 guns. Their prices are pretty good, if not outstanding. Selection is pretty good, with a handful of used guns. They have quite an array of accessories. They have a nice new bldg, but oddly enuf I liked the old place better. It was 3 bildgs strung together and you kind of had wind your way around the racks and aisles and displays, but it was a good way to spot good buys. Not much of that in the new place. I'm not sure what to suggest for a phone # if what you find on Yahoo or Netscape yellow pages isn't correct. It's worth a drive anyway, esp. this time of year.

Last edited:

weagle

I like good knowledgable employees who have true experience with all types of firearms. Try Tucker Gun, Top Gun on lawrenceville hwy and Piedmont outdoors in Conyers. All of these guys know their stuff and are fair and honest. Also a large part of their inventory is used and out on racks where you can handle them, which I like. Good shooting, Weagle