Votes: 2 1.7%
  • 9mm

Votes: 25 20.7%

Votes: 17 14.0%

Votes: 66 54.5%

Votes: 11 9.1%

• Total voters

Dobe

Wheww... I was hoping I wouldn't have to go another week without a .45 vs 9mm debate.

.45 ACP

D

denfoote

I vacillate between 9mm and 11.43mm.

Right now, it's the larger caliber.

The one I have practically no use for is 10mm kurz. Even though I own two platforms for it!!

5whiskey

Well, they haven't debated over it. YET. I think everyone has almost come to terms with it. 9mm, .40, .45... whatever man. Used properly they're all adequate.

The one you shoot the best of course!!

Voted .40 S&W, but .45ACP makes me feel just as comfortable...So in actuallity, it depends on what I'm wearing that day:) .

CPLMIKE

40 S&w Simply

I WOULD SAY THE 40 FOR THE KNOCKDOWN POWER OVER THE 9mm. MOST 45'S DON'T HAVE THE MAG CAPICITY AS THE 40's OR THE 9mm. I HAVE A RUGER P-95 IN 9mm AND MY TRUSTY XD-40 THAT I WOULD NOT TRADE THE WORLD FOR.

Semper Fi, ONE MIND MANY WEAPONS

DonR101395

I WOULD SAY THE 40 FOR THE KNOCKDOWN POWER OVER THE 9mm. MOST 45'S DON'T HAVE THE MAG CAPICITY AS THE 40's OR THE 9mm. I HAVE A RUGER P-95 IN 9mm AND MY TRUSTY XD-40 THAT I WOULD TRADE THE WORLD FOR.

There is no such thing as knockdown power.
My Para P13 .45 holds the same as my Glock 23 .40, and I typically carry my G19 9mm.
They all will work in a pinch when I can't use a rifle or shotgun.

CPLMIKE

I Stand Corrected

I'M A RIFLE SHOOTER BY NATURE. SORRY I WAS THINKING OF CALIBER DIAIMETER FOR AMOUNT OF ENERGY. I WON'T GET ON THIS FORUM ANYMORE.

Semper Fi, ONE MIND MANY WEAPONS

guntotin_fool

Read this before you make your answer.
http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550103904/m/5471026821/p/1

Probably one of the least biased, most informed discussions about what happens after the bullets hit. May change your mind, it solidified my decision.

.45 gold dots. 230 grainer, used to shoot golden sabres, but have had trouble getting them in boxes of fifty at reasonable prices. The GDs are 17.00 a box of fifty so I can afford a box at the range for practice.

What he says is enough to make me think about breaking out the model 13 for carry again.