Best Choice for CCW: Sig P225, Sig P239, or Colt CCO. Your choice and why?

Dogger

Well, I am kicking the CCW thing around again. :)
Am real pleased with my Colt CCO. But... I only trust it with hardball and Hydrashoks. I do miss my Sig P225, and am looking hard at the Sig P239 in 9mm. I don't think I could get a 9mm Sig to choke on any brand of factory ammo...

Which of the three would you choose, and why?

And please, no other choices! These are the three handguns I have the hots for. No offense, but no thanks to Glock, or HK, or any of the others...

Thanks, Dogger.

sigarms229

225, I prefer the traditional Sig grip and squared trigger guard. The 239 is a great gun too but I just don't like the way it feels in my hand. Positives for the 239 are that it is a little smaller and has a stronger stainless steel slide but my 225 has held up very well thus far. You cant go wrong with either of the Sig's.

------------------
John
"Never argue with an idiot, they pull you down to their level and beat you with experience"

LevelHead

Sig P239, though I'd choose a larger caliber. Same slide (I'm pretty sure) unlike the difference between the P226 in 9mm and others.

The P239 was MADE for CCW. All rounded corners, single stack mag and such. I am very accurate with My P239 in .357Sig, and would carry it every day if NJ would just allow it.

The only downside to the P239 for me is it's a bit top-heavy. Easy to get used to though.

Time to send more letters...

-LevelHead-

Dogger,

Out of the two Sigs you mentioned, I myself would lean towards the P225. I agree with sigarms229, prefer the traditional grip as well as the slide. Reminds me of the P228 slide that I love so dearly :) It ver well should, the P228 was made to be a double-stack version of the P225, right? (hope I'm right). I've held the P239 and like that as well. Both are excellent choices, and you couldn't go wrong with either.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience with Colt firearms besides the series 80's and the AR15.

Take care,
Jim

Jeff OTMG

I have a soft spot in my heart for the CCO. I have had Officer sized frames and Commander slide guns since the early 1980's. The CCO is a design that I had Colt build in 1987. They only made one, they wanted me to order 350 minimum to do a production run, but I couldn't come up with the financing. I guess Zilkha found some old records. My current pistol of this type in a Para-Ordnance stainless steel P-12 frame with a blue Colt Commander top, a wonderful pistol. It is much heavier and bulkier than the P225. The P225 is one of my favorite all time pistols. It is reliable, inexpensive, a fits my hand beautifully. I used it in a recent course of fire: 3 targets (2 at 6', 1 at 12') the 2 near targets blocked by no shoots, 2 shots on each target, from the holster. Moving left to right 3.09 secs, right to left 3.19 secs. Fast for me.