best budget gun's?

tommy gunnz

i was wondering what other's thought were the best budget guns out there meaning guns found not some times ,but always for less than lets say 200 bucks .

3kgt2nv

i dont think your going to find much in that category and if you do i prob still wouldn't want to shoot them.

your best be are prob going to be imported junk revolvers or some 22's that have been around forever.

deerslayer303

Probably the "best" sub 200 dollar guns I can think of:

Pistols- High Point (I may get some flack for this but) I have one and love the thing for what it is.
Phoenix Arms HP22- the only .22 auto, that will cycle ANY ammo, it just doesn't have last round hold open, but the manufacturer sells a kit to convert it.
SCCY CPX2 got mine from CTD for 204, well and 11.00 shipping and a 15.00 FFL transfer fee, so just a TAD over your limit, but still a GREAT deal non the less

Rifles- Mossberg 702 plinkster is a pretty good .22 for the money,
Savage Bolt action and semi auto .22's, Marlin .22's, and of course the 10-22
AND the BEST CHEAP RIFLE ON THE PLANET THE MOSIN NAGANT they simply CAN NOT be BEAT for 100 bucks

jonnyc

Hi-Point carbines; Maverick 88 shotguns; CZ82, Nagant, Yugo M57 pistols. All are available for around $200 or less.

Yung.gunr

While the Nagant revolver is very cheap at only about $100 each, the ammo is kinda expensive and hard to find.

A good option for a powerful caliber is the Mosin Nagant. At about $100 each the ammo is also pretty cheap. You won't get a more tough gun for as cheap.

There are also quite a few inexpensive guns under the $200 range when looking at .22 caliber guns. My favorite is the Savage Mark II .22 bolt action rifle. Another good one is the Savage model 64. An inexpensive semi auto .22 caliber rifle.

Those would be my options for a sub $200 gun.

Skans

Rossi model 68 (38 Special) or other knock-offs of S&W guns. They work. And, I like them better than Hi-Points.

Sevens

I paid $150 plus tax for a Norinco T213, 9mm. It's a chinese copy of a Russian Tokarev.

I would rather have this one handgun than 3 or 4 sub-$200 handguns.

Goet

My vote for handguns would be a CZ.... never owned one, but those things are sure nice for the buck.

Rifle would be anything in the C&R category. Even if it is a crappy shooter it is still a nice piece of history that we'll never get back.

Shotgun? I don't know that you can get much cheaper than a maverick without losing some serious quality... maybe a NEF?

XDforty5

It has been said already but the 10/22 is defiantly the way to go! also the Mosin nagant is an awesome choice. 440rds of 7.62x54R for around 80-90 bucks. You can not beat it. personally if i was getting a pistol i would just save a little longer and buy a used one for $300 plus. The extra 100-200 bucks will make a huge difference. i bought a used Gen 2 Glock 17 for $350 bucks and it was the best $350 i have ever spent on a gun. Good luck

Carry_24/7

Keltec.....

I would never recommend Taurus again, I don't particularly care for CZ (but if I was strapped for cash and no other option then ok) and if all I had was $200 I still would not buy a Hipoint, I'd buy a used, beaten, somthin else or a Keltec.

Last edited:

rtpzwms

I'll throw a S&W 22A in the mix sells new for about 225 around here I got mine for 149 just about 2 months ago. It was one of those surprise purchases, saw it in the case for that price and figured if I didn't like it I could get most if not all of my money back. I am very pleased with the accuracy of this pistol and its a favorite already with friends and family at the range.

Some times better to be lucky.:D

jaxgunslinger

You would do well with a Kel-tec PF-9, or even a P11 (if you can deal with the long trigger). New ones start around $235 in the blued version. You should be able to find a decent used one in your price range.

The only NIB one I would get is a Hipoint. Lots of surplus and used in the sub-200 range.

Unless we are talking a plinker. When a clean kill or your own life aren't dependent on smooth operation I will go for almost anything.

PoorRichRichard

Hi-point 45 or 40, and my new Heritage .22 is fun to shoot. Also, the Mosin rifles are a blast to shoot for cheap if you buy the old commy spam can ammo. If u dig cheap shotguns, both H&R and Rossi have a few models of pumps and single shooters for well under $200. <<Watch the Big 5 adds for these. Last, the Marlin 795 (it's a .22) is my favorite cheap gun of all time<< $125 after rebate, just wish some mad a decent hi-cap for it...