Best Boresighter?

murphjup

Simple question.. your experiences? Preferences?

I know about looking down the barrel by removing the bolt... So not looking for that answer, even though I know it's prolly the best way...

But with some many different types of boresighters on the market today, though I would ask?

Thank you in advance...

:)

Uncle H

I have a Leupold bore sighter that for the life of me I can't figure out how to use. The instructions are written for someone a whole lot more technical than me apparently.

So, I bought a cheap (39.99 @ Sportsman's Guide) BARSKA optical-type bore sighter that's easy to use and it seems to work just fine so far.

Uncle Buck

I started with a removing the bolt and looking through the bore like you mentioned and as my eye sight needs a little correction I have to use another type.

I bought a cheapo laser bore sight from walmart and I have to admit I like it very much. Only problem is in bright light I can not see the red dot and I need someone to stand at the target, and place their finger on the red dot.
I dial my scope into the tip of their finger and then go from there by shooting and using a spotting scope. (After the person who placed their finger on the target moved, of course :D). I am usually right on the money, but always with-in a shot or two of being dead on.
I would imagine that if you are doing competition shooting, you may want to use a better bore sight, but for what I do, this is more than sufficient for my use.

rezmedic54

Bore Sighter's

I use a BSA boresighter works great has all the jigs from 17 to 50. Takes about 5 minutes to set up and do. Puts you on paper every time at fine tuned in 5 shoots.

longcall911

I have a Leupold Zero Point which is certainly not cheap (about $67) and I did struggle a bit at first with understanding how to use it. But, it did what it was supposed to, and did it well.

It claims to get you on the paper. It certainly did. My first few shots, zeroing at 100 yards, were close to center. With a total of 9 shots I was happy and done zeroing.

/*tom*/

Inspector3711

Another thumbs up for the BSA. I let a friend borrow it though and the target wasn't tall enough for him to see through his AR scope though.

Uncle H

Mid South sells an extension attachment that'll raise the sighter to a higher level. I think they're about 40.00.

Hamm0ckjames

Howdy, I don't mean to interupt. But I thought I might toss my two cents in.
I bought a "Cheepy" WalMart laser boresighter for $39. and I use a paper reflector with adhesive backing found in the automotive dept. also at Wally World. I zero my .223 at 200 yards with this set up and it works great. The silver reflector really lights up when the laser hits it. Oh, by the way the reflector is 3 inch diam. My .223 is a Savage model 10, blind mag. Simmons 3x9x40 eight point scope. It's an oldie but a goodie.

James