Best Bang For the Buck in SAA's.

Hand_Rifle_Guy

I would like to fill out my CAS battery with guns that match the calibers of my Lightnings. This means I'm looking at four seperate revolvers. That being the case, I can't just run out and buy four Colts.

I don't want Rugers, as classic appearance matters.

I'd really like vintage Merwin-Hulberts, but they don't seem to grow on trees, and they're quite expensive when they do turn up.

So that puts me at clones. I have an EMF Hartford Bisley that I'm pretty impressed with, so I am considering a batch of those, but I think there's cheaper guns available that will work just as well.

What I don't know is who makes them, how much they cost, and which ones are to be avoided, if any.

I am not averse to Remington SA clones either, but I know very little about them.

The Cabela's Millenium guns are a consideration, but the finish leaves a little to be desired. That's a bummer, because the price is a happy thing at some $200-ish.

Shooting impressions, good stories, bad stories, Gems, regrets, I-traded-that-POS, etc. I want it all.

I think I need to go get a new annual edition of some gunrag to keep track of it all, but I will ask here first, as you people are the real deal, not some advertising-blinded mag writer.

Thanks much.