Best article I ever seen on the AR15

SR420

Good write up.

It makes me extra happy I picked up a 16" NOVESKE N4 Light Recce low-profile mid length upper last week.
I'll be running a COLT A1 rifle stock and maybe upgrade to a Sully later on :D

kraigwy

This guy has written the best article I have ever read on the purchase of an AR15. Great reading for the expert also.

I have to agree, I've been shooting and teaching people to shoot ARs for 40+ years, I read, and re-read that write up serveal times on the Officer.com form and was quite impressed. He knows his stuff.

Anyone who owns, or contimplates owning an AR really should read that artical, then save it for reading again. He really breaks down the pros and cons of all versions.

Definitely a great article, like any short summary of a complex subject, I don't agree with all of the conclusions and some of the summaries are briefer than I would have written; but given the scope of the task that is an impressive piece of work. We should definitely keep that thread around.

He makes some good points and shares some good info, but it's not anything that should be taken as "doctrine". Some of the info is false and misleading in it...

darkgael

suggested reading

Try "Black Magic" by John Feamster and "The Complete Guide to AR-15 Accuracy" by Derrick Martin and Barret Tillman for additional info.
Pete