Best Airlines For Transporting Firearms

Photon Guy

When I travel by airplane sometimes I bring guns along, especially if Im traveling to a location where I will be taking shooting classes. As of right now I use Delta and I've transported firearms when flying by Delta many times and have not had any problems but nevertheless there are apparently horror stories about people transporting guns with Delta. I heard Alaska Airlines is one of the best airlines for transporting guns and they don't just fly to and from Alaska they fly all over the place. Im wondering about American Airlines if they're any good and if I should stick with Delta or switch airlines.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
It's not going to be an airline thing, it's going to be a question of whether or not the person standing behind the counter knows how to do their job. All the airlines have functional rules regarding transporting firearms and TSA has one set of rules from their side that applies (or is supposed to) universally nationwide.

The problem is training and competence. That's why you've had good luck with Delta but heard horror stories about them. The people you've run into are competent. The people somewhere else, aren't.

David Wozniak

Can I export an firearm

I want to export a Handgun to Bangladesh. But they do not allow me by Airplane. My question-

1. Is there any parcel company who can help me to export ?:confused:
2. How many cost I have to pay for a handgun?:confused:
3. Is there any additional charge for exporting?:confused:

Need expert suggestion.:rolleyes:

45Gunner

I take my Gun Club to Front Sight annually. We travel via Southwest Airlines. No one has ever had a problem. We declare the gun at checkin at the ticket counter. Fill out a form which is placed on top of the gun box. Suitcase locked and checked. Everyone got their suitcase at baggage claim. Never a problem and the guns are still in the suitcase at arrival.