Best 9mm DA/SA or SAO Trigger

socom58

In your opinion, who has the best traditional DA/SA or SA only trigger in a non-1911 9mm autoloader?

CZ75SS

If you do some research on the CZ 75, you'll find that people really love it. Also take a look at http://www.best9mm.com/.

In the DA/SA world, I own the CZ 75B stainless, CZ 75 PCR and FNP-9. The CZ 75 Stainless is gorgeous, has a smooth-as-glass trigger (from the very beginning), has been perfectly reliable, and fits beautifully in hand. The PCR's trigger was rough at first, but smoothed out after 500 rounds. Other than that, it fits well and has run perfectly. The PCR is a decocker. The FNP-9 feels lighter than it is, has the lightest feeling trigger and the trigger is also very, very smooth. The FNP-9 is also a decocker and has a polymer frame.

Any one of these would be great and they feed anything, but the CZs have a much longer track record of reliability and customer satisfaction and there are reports of CZ 75B's shooting 10k rounds and still going strong. They're just awesome and I prize/love the stainless. The CZ P-01 is similar to the PCR, but with a rail and it's also NATO certified. The certification is a pretty big deal as most guns would fail. CZ also offers pistols with polymer frames if that's the way you'd like to go.

Magazines for the CZ 75B's (Mec-Gar) run about $25, but the PCR compact mags run roughly $40 and are a little harder to find. You could always use the full-size, $25 mags in the PCR or P-01 which is what I do for the range. The FNP-9 mags are also roughly $40, but you get three of them.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

oldandslow

socom, 3/2/09

I have a number of DA/SA pistols (Sig, SW 3rd generation, CZ, Beretta, HK) and by far the best DA/SA trigger are the SW 3rd generations. All of mine in 9mm (5906, 6906, and 3914) as well as the .45's (4516-1, 4566tsw) have a nice smooth DA trigger, short reset and a crisp-no creep SA pull. The Sigs are OK in DA but have a longer than desirable (for me) reset- although Sig does now offer the SRT (short reset trigger) which many people think is a big improvement. The HK (USP series) has the worst DA trigger by far- long, heavy, and severe stacking before breaking. I'm sure others will chime in with their preferences.

best wishes- oldandslow

Willie D

I love the CZ 75 but if the question is for best trigger, CZ is NOT at the top of my lists, except maybe the SAO version. Even CZ clones like the Witness have better triggers because they don't work against the firing pin safety or cam the hammer as much.

I don't care for Berettas or Sigs, but they have smoother triggers than the CZ. Browning HPs can be good without the mag safety.

Mausberg

the newest taurus 24/7 pro's and oss have sa/da triggers and double strike capability for a FTF, i dont think they make them with the ribber grip anymore which is a good thing because they start to peel and wear. and they are at a pretty fair price

i own the pt 24/7 and its a solid gun, not 1 jam or ftf

copy and pasted from taurus website

"Developed through direct feedback from Special Forces teams stationed around the world, the new Taurus 24/7 OSS™ is one of the most advanced firearms in the history of pistol making. Built to meet and/or exceed all requirements laid down by USSOCOM (United States Special Operations Command) for its new sidearm, this extreme duty pistol offers unprecedented reliability, durability, accuracy and ergonomic functionality. Capable of firing thousands of failure-free rounds in virtually any environment, whether it be jungle humidity and mud, desert heat and sand, or arctic cold and ice, we packed the 24/7 OSS with features that real-world professionals were asking for. Bad guys beware-here comes the 24/7 OSS in .45 ACP, .40 cal. and 9mm."

chris in va

CZ 75? No.:rolleyes:

Come on guys mine was truly horrible when new, and even after smoothing out some over 5 years mine still has TONS of creep and cam. The CZ 40P I had (based on the P01) was even worse. Don't get me wrong, I love the gun but the trigger really needs work.

I'd have to vote for my Sig. The SA pull is like shattering glass, and even crisper than my old J-frame...and that's saying a lot.

Can't comment on other guns as those are the only ones I have extended experience with.

NWCP

HK USP .45 Tactical, or any USP with the HK USP with the match trigger installed. For SA only the HK P7 series has a really great trigger although it's not a DA/SA.

verdun59

I stand corrected, the OP was about triggers. In my zeal , I blurted out CZ. They probably don't have the best triggers out of the box....but you should buy one anyway:D

socom58

Thanks for the input guys. I am strongly considering a CZ75 SA or a Sig, so those are somewhat in line here. The S&W 3rd gen guns have always interested me, but I can never find one around here, even used.

oldandslow

socom, 3/3/09

Hard to go wrong with a CZ or Sig. If I am looking for a used pistol one of the first places I look at is Summitgunbroker (www.summitgunbroker.com). He gets batches of pistols in every month, including Sigs and SW 3rd generations, and has great prices and service. He has a number of Sig CPO's (factory refurbished usually with a one year warranty) on his website now. I have dealt with him several times and have always been happy with the outcome. So if you are looking at the used market take a look at his website. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow