Best 5.56 in your opinion?

Firepower!

Hi
What is the best 5.56 in your opinion? I am asking about the rifles that are produced and given to servicemen rather than prototypes or concept guns, or gun that are in limited use. When giving opinion please consider Sig 551-2, AUG, M4, Galil, L85A2, G36 and Tavor as well.
Thanks

Ridge_Runner_5

I'd say that the M-16 platform being in use by hundreds of forces around the globe for the past 50 years is a testament to it's versatility and usefulness.

chuter

In the "black rifle" arena I've kept my M-16/CAR-15 and my Valmet M-76. HK was nice but long. I like what I've seen from the new Sig but haven't tried one. So, I have an AR and AK platform. Uh-oh, does that mean I'm "bi"? (or just can't make up my mind)

DocDizz

I've heard a lot of good things about the H&K 416 series... Like an M4 that doesn't suck. When I deployed I had an M16A4 and that thing was so worthless in the desert.

DocDizz

I must still disagree with the M16A2, no experience with the A3. I've used those before. and it was worse than my A4 was. Also, I hated the M16 while wearing full gear because it was just too long to get a good grip on

mini4m3

I dislike the G36. I've shot them before and I've had some issues with feeding correctly and jams.

I honestly like M4A1 (or HK416) best out of that list. I don't like bullpups so AUG and Tavor would be off my list, even though the Tavor is pretty cool from what I've seen on it.

wackendogs

SIG hands down!! I am an Ar15 person but ammo that would jamb my AR15 all day runs like warm butter threw my Sig 556.
684y0j.jpg