Best 22LR for a LCR 1.87"

My wife finally bought a Ruger LCR 1.87" 22 LR Revolver 8 shot. In you opinion, what's the best defense ammo for her to use? I went on U Tube & everyone & their mom profess to be experts & it seems that they all have different answers. I went and Googled this question in various combos & of course got various answers. I'd really appreciate some advice from The Forum. I understand that speed decreases by 30-40% coming out of a short barrel, so the bullets don't expand very well.

Mobuck

I tried Velocitors in a 2" revolver. Results were dismal. Noise was atrocious. Improvement over SV or even sub-sonic is likely marginal.
Try CCI sub-sonic HP or the segmented version. Performance of these rounds is quite good.

Okay. Here's what happened with my wife's Ruger LCR 22lr. She shot every variation of CCI ammo plus Seller & Bellot 38 bar. 22lr & Aguila 22 interceptor 40 gr. & for her revolver, "CCI Velocitor" was absolutely the cleanest & best ammo with no misfires. The Aguila & S&B ammo was dirty & she had misfires. I just spent 1/2 hour cleaning her revolver. Glad my friends here & on another forum told me the each LCR reacted differently to different ammo.

kenny53

I don't think anything will expend out of the barrel that short. Just too much velocity lost out of short barrels. I think any 40 gr. will do the job. I have a LCR in 22 mag and shoot a verity of ballistic tip, hollow point, such out of it and realize that they work like a solid point. With practice I am able to dump all six of my rounds in a fist size group pulling the trigger as fast as I can at 5-7 yards. I figure that is good enough for social work. I think your wife will be able to do the same with her eight rounds.

NAW

Anything CCI will work great. Dont go out of your way to pay more money for hollow points. They wont expand comming out of short barrels like that. I have never had a bad primer with a CCI 22lr.

Model12Win

Stingers.

You want a nice fast hollow tip for disruption. Should make an ideal stopper as the .22 has a reputation for bouncing around inside the body after it hits. It is amazingly effective.

jstert

Best 22LR for a LCR 1.87"

ruger lcr 22lr is a nice little pistol. my favorite 22lr defense ammo for it is remington viper. at 10’ i can rapid shoot a fist sized group that fully penetrates 3” of telephone book. for a ruger sr22 i prefer cci stingers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk