Bersa?

roy reali

I was a gun shop yesterday looking at several small autos in .380ACP. The one that caught my eyes was the Bersa Thunder 380. I liked its looks and the way it felt in my hands. Now my questions.

Who here has one?

What are your thoughts on this pistol?

Furminator

I like mine a lot. Seems to be well made. Tolerances are tight, nothing is loose or rattling on my particular gun. Extremely accurate due to fixed barrel. Mine has never malfunctioned, even when new. Grips have a tendency to shoot loose, a little locktite will solve that problem. Only issue I ever heard of was a bad batch of disconnector springs a year or two ago. I think it is an excellent gun for the price. Google them and you will see lots of good reviews.

PSP

I had one but was disappointed in the overall quality. A better quality pistol IMHO, is the Beretta 85, which is the same size, same weight, carries an extra round in the mag and takes down easier. The Beretta costs more but the quality shows.

tristar viper

My wife has one and I've shot it many times. Pretty good gun, not great though. For $270 versus $550 or $600 for the previously mentioned overpriced Beretta which I have shot, I'd take the Bersa every day of the week.
My buddy has a Firestorm .380, very similar to a Bersa as they are essentially the same company.

roy reali

Looks

I looked at several similar handguns at the time. I really liked the way the Bersa looked. I know looks are not everything, but I can't stand ugly guns.

indykappa

it's a really good gun...but kinda big when you consider the variety of 380 pistols at your disposal nowadays

what you will hear from alot of gun enthusiasts is that if you are gonna get something that big in 380, why not just get a compact 9mm??

i still like the bersa thunder 380, but 380 ammo costs an arm and a leg now

lamarw

My Bersa 380 is back in for warranty repair. I must of gotten one of those with the bad disconnector or drawbar spriing the earlier poster mentioned. I bought it new, and had it less than 30 days prior to returning it to the dealer.

The first four or five magazine loads would misfeed between the sixth and seventh round. It seemed to overcome this problem when the spring started popping loose (not breaking). The gun then would not fire until the end of the spring was placed back in its nitch. Happened three times when I decided to send it in for warranty repair. The dealer sent it back on my behalf.

I, like many others, like the way the Bersa 380 feels, and I am hoping to eventually be a happy owner.

I also have the Beretta 85 Cheetah. It is a great pistol, and I have never had a problem with it. The two guns feel somewhat similar, but the Beretta seems to have a slightly longer grip and fits my hand slightly better.

As someone mentioned, you can buy two Bersa .380's for the price of one Beretta Cheetah.

Now, if I can just get my Bersa back and have it perform as it is supposed to. A warranty is nice to have, but a working gun in the hand is far supperior.

Last edited:

CWPinSC

My wife and I have two and we love them. Small, light, easy to shoot, accurate, reliable. With modern ammo, .380 ACP can be a reliable SD round. I suggest Corbon DPX.

R.Ph. 380

I have 2, the 380 CC and the Thunder 380. Great little guns and the Thunder has a place in the carry rotation. Accurate and reliable, the wife really likes the Concealed Carry because of it's rounded corners, shortened trigger and low ride sites. In fact, only trouble I had was the take down leaver broke off. warranty repair(lifetime, by the way) had it back to me within a week.

Bill

thunderbird101

I recently purchased 1 after doing a LOT of research! Overall, a very good gun IMO!

PROS:
-w/ 200 rounds through it, I have not had 1 failure of any kind!

-Accurate!

-EASY to conceal!

-great IWB carry gun!

-Price is relatively very cheap!

CONS:
-a relatively large gun for only holding 7+1 rounds. W/ extended mag it will hold 9+1

-It personally does not fit my hands very well, & my thumb tends to get in the way of the slide release, so on the last round the slide usually comes forward because my fat thumb is on the slide release! :p

Jim243

Excelent gun, very accurate because of the barrel being attached to the frame. Extra mags are expensive 29.95 or more. Light, easy to conceal, mild recoil, manual safety/decocker, good mag release.

Cons: 380 ACP but if you HAVE to carry small, it is the way to go.

Did I say it costs a lot less than the other 380s.

Jim

Glock_19

Personally like the Ruger LCP for a .380. I also agree that the Beretta 85 is one of the ugliest guns I've ever seen.

td9323

I have a Thunder plus, a 380CC and a regular one as well as a Thunder9UC. Ive never had a problem with any of them. They feel great in my hand although I do carry an LCP as the Bersa is a large 380 for my small frame.

EricandSuebee

I just purchased one, the satin nickel finish and I love how it feels in the hand. I've done A LOT of research on this company/gun and 9 out of 10 people recommend this gun, the people who don't recommend it are the ones who think because you paid x amount of dollars it should never break down. Well I can say if it does break down you have a lifetime warranty which I like, gives me peace of mind in case mine breaks I don't have to pay anything to fix it for part wise.

obxned

Buy a Walther PPK. Get a really good trigger job done by an expert. Smooth out the safety. Do something about the gun biting the hand that feeds it.

You will then have a gun that is as good as a Bersa is right out of the box.

Deaf Smith

Buy a Walther PPK. Get a really good trigger job done by an expert. Smooth out the safety. Do something about the gun biting the hand that feeds it.

You will then have a gun that is as good as a Bersa is right out of the box.

Sadly that is the truth.

Deaf