Bersa?

alexbird692001

Bersa

Comes with two magazines and I did check the price of a mag and it was almost 40 dollars. I was wondering about the quality? JOe

MikeGoob

Lots of people dont bother with the 45 because its not as sexy as other polymer guns and striker fired guns. I liked this one hammer and all. I eventually went with a Stoegar Cougar for the 9mm, but it has the hammer too and a great price. Not every good gun has to be over $400.

JFN

Can't help with the .45, but I have the .380 Thunder CC and it has been a reliable pistol. I don't recall ever having a malfunction, and I shoot several magazines worth through it each week (30~40 rnds).

It is not a range gun though, it is not going to hold up for 10's of thousands of rounds. But for a carry gun and enough range practice to stay effective it is a good value I think.

Dave Krobath

I have a bersa 380 a 9mm and their 40S&W but not their 45, the three I have have all been good reliable guns. All fun to shoot at the range and very acurate and reliable. The 380 was picky during the break in period but all 3 eat everything I feed them now. Of course the 380 is starving right now I have nothing to feed it.
I have heard grest things about the 45 on the Bersatalk site.

Dave

HvyMtl

Hmm

I own a Bersa Ultra Compact 45. It is reliable (600 rounds so far - one squib due to cheap ammo - and one failure to feed - also cheap ammo...)

Make sure you get the new "Pro" model (Picatinny rail, polygonal rifling, and round in Chamber indicator...) All new Bersa come with 2 magazines...

Extra Magazines, holsters, etc., can be found at condorsflight.com

$275 is a STEAL - unless very used... Typically prices for the UC 45 have risen towards the $400 area...

here is the manufacturer's website with info on the firearm and company... Translated very roughly by Google, as they ahve yet to finish the "English" version of the site...
Notice the number of police departments carrying Bersa... (True, not U.S. departments, but it does go to the reliability of the firearm...)

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bersa.com.ar%2F%23&sl=es&tl=en

IF you do purchase - buy Full Metal Jacket ammo and use it to break it in... most anything cheap will do... make sure to clean the gun fully before its first firing
as they do overkill on the shipping grease...

Last edited: