Bersa Thunder Pro UC 40

Marty8613

I hate to buy a gun without touching it. I have been to every gun store I can find within about 15 miles of DFW airport. Who in the DFW area has this to touch and feel?

I found both the 9mm and the .45, but not the .40

Pukindog12

Short answer: the 40UC and the 9UC are the same size.

The 40UC uses the same receiver as a UC9. In fact you can interchange slide, barrel, recoil springs, guide rod, and mags between the 40UCs and the 9UCs. I've done it.

But, in my experience, the 40UC is snappier in recoil than most other .40s of comparable size.

Last edited:

Marty8613

Short answer: the 40UC and the 9UC are the same size.

The 40UC uses the same receiver as a UC9. In fact you can interchange slide, barrel, recoil springs, guide rod, and mags between the 40UCs and the 9UCs. I've done it.

But, in my experience, the 40UC is snappier in recoil than most other .40s of comparable size.

Yeah, trying to stay away from 9mm, since the two stores around me, have had range ammo once in 4 months. .40 is always in stock.

Marty8613

Mini Firestorm 40

I think I have located an older version Firestorm Mini 40. This even has a better trigger guard. The UC40 trigger guard was the only feature I didn't like!

dean1818

I would aggree about the UC40 being snappier than guns its size

I CCW a Shield in 40 today and in my opinion the Shield has much less felt recoil than the UC40 when I had it

The UC40 is a decent gun, but the thickness was too much for comfortable IWB, CCW

Marty8613

Close thread

Made this purchase and very happy.

Can we close the thread so it doesn't zombie up later?

Notes to folks
- wider than expected - and heavier
- a tiny bit shorter than a Thunder 380
- HC mags work great for extended mags
- the mag plate was interchangable between HC and UC mags so I now have an even more shortened carry profile (awesome)
- best ambi ever - awesome controls
- I don't think take down could be made easier
- FireStorm trigger guard is way preferred over the current Thunder line

Marty8613

Mini Firestorm

I bought the older version since I like the trigger guard better. Also switched the mag plate from the HC mag to get a lower profile.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 24