Bersa Thunder 22

Sparks1957

Got my hands on one of these for a couple minutes down at the range the other day, some guy and his kid were plinking with one. They let me try it out.

Nice little pistol. Now I'm thinking about picking one up myself for some cheap fun.

Just wondering if any of you have some experience with this pistol, and what you all think of it.

sparks

aarondhgraham

Mine has been a perfect performer,,,

So good in fact that I recommended a friend buy one for her first handgun,,,
She did and has shot it quite a bit with no problems at all.

Now I have purchased a third Thunder-22 as a birthday gift for a friend,,,
I took it to the range and ran 40 trouble free rounds to proof it out.

That's three pistols out of three that have been good performers so far.

It also serves as a great understudy to the Thunder 380,,,
The pistols are exactly the same physical size,,,
Practice with the cheap .22 LR ammo,,,
For carry with the Thunder 380.

bersas-lr.jpg

Just my not so humble opinion. ;)

Aarond

9x19

I've owned several over the years, this is the one I've kept.

It shoots very well and has never had an issue.

BFS22.jpg

oldluke

I have had one for a time, and have always enjoyed it a lot. One thing nobody has mentioned is that it's not only fun to shoot, but also very easy to disassemble which, for a 22, it's a big thing in my book.

It compares favorably with the Walther P22 in my experience. Am not familiar with the barrel issue mentioned above, I would inform myself but notice that Bersa offers a lifetime warranty.

Poodleshooter

Shot an acquaintances Bersa recently. He was still breaking it in I believe. His required fairly hefty .22lr to function 100% reliably. He ran Aguila Super Maximum in it, as well as Stingers. It was reasonably accurate for a small pistol with a heavy trigger, and made a fun plinker.
My tastes run more to Buckmarks and MkII/IIIs though.

danez71

According to "BersaSales" in post 37 and who apparently is the national sales manager.... he's guessing 30-40 bad barrels.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/sho...-Thunder-22-are-sitting-wait-for-repair/page2

I like mine. It choked a lot on Federal 550 in the red/maroon box. At the time, I had only shot 190 rounds of CCI Minimags through it previously - not much break in.

I put the rest of the federals on the shelf and bought some more Minimags and some Blazers.

Mini mags have been 100% with closing in on 1000 rounds.
CCI Blazers had 2 jams in about 650 rounds.

Ive only cleaned twice during that time.

I'm going to try the really cheap plated stuff again.

Its a fun gun. Ive hit cans at about 120 ft but I consider it good at about 1/2 that or less.

Sparks1957

Picked up my Bersa Thunder 22 at my LGS yesterday afternoon on the way home from work, had to order it from Bud's. BTW, I'd certainly order from Bud's again based on this experience.

Disassembled it this morning and gave it a thorough cleaning/lube. It was practically swimming in oil in the box.

Hopefully, I'll get down to the range this afternoon or tomorrow morning and have some fun getting to know it.

I love the way this pistol feels in my hands, very nice ergonomics. Solidly built.

I'll let you know how it goes. Someday I'll post a photo so you know it's real.

The range where I shoot sells a lot of Bersa .380s and they seem to be well-made and reliable. I would expect the .22LR version to be just as good.