Bersa Rear Sight Tune-Up

Dead-Nuts-Zero

I have a Bersa .380 that yesterday for the first time, I was able to spend some quality time getting to know it. I fired some rounds from a rest at about 12 yds. With my poor shooting, it still shot a fine group. However, it is shooting a touch high and about 2 inches to the left in several trials. I brought it home to look at it before tinkering with the sight adjustment. I realised that the sight block is a slight crack left of center in the dovetail grove. As I am not experienced much with gunsmithing, I decided to ask for your suggestions.

I am thinking that with a non maring pin punch, I could give the sight block a slight tap and center it within the grove. This alone would probably put my shots close to center. I am able to turn the screw and move the blade one click, but it puts the white dot quite close to the right side post. I have not tried the gun since turning the screw one click. I guess my question is this...Can I move the block easily (if so, what is the best method?) within the dovetail or is this something better left to an experienced smith?

What do you think?
:confused: