Bersa Question?

TPAW

I'm having a very hard time finding mags for my Bersa Thunder .380.
My question is this, will 7 round 383A mags work in my gun?

KMAX

I had a Thunder 380. I bought a Promag (1st mistake) mag for the 383. Initially it looked the same to me, but comparing them side by side the front of the Thunder mag was cut about 1/4" deeper. I filed the 383 Promag down and made it work, but it did not work well. I had to file it down to get it to lock in to the mag well of the gun. The Promag didn't work for very long before the spring started sticking down inside the mag. A Bersa factory mag might work. I have never seen one. Compare them side by side if you can. Good luck.

qwiksdraw

My two ProMags for BT380 have worked fine, no problems at all. Been looking to buy some more.

Now I do use theProMags for range use and I carry 2 Bersa Mags. The obvious difference in price and being factory built means I'm going to carry the Bersa mags.

However, since the ProMags are range mags, they are actually used a lot more often.

IronRuger

I just went to my local gun shop yesterday to pick up a mag or should I say try to pick up a mag for my Bersa Thunder 45 uc pro. The guy just laughed and asked me if I needed anything else, so I grabbed a couple boxes of ammo so I didn't go home empty handed. Seems ammo is hard to get these days aswell

SnapperOne

Is it a 383 or 383A?

Just purchased (4/6/13) a Bersa Thunder 380; doing the 72-hour Federal background check wait, so don't have access to the pistol, box, etc....

Now that I have purchased the Bersa, I am seeing references on the Internet(relative to mags, parts, etc...) to 383 and 383A models. Once I the pistol is actually deliverd to me, where would I find this designation on the pistol, the box, or included paperwork? In fact, what is the difference between the two models. Didn't know there were two models of the Thunder 380 when I purchased.

Wreck-n-Crew

I bought a Promag (1st mistake) mag for the 383. Initially it looked the same to me, but comparing them side by side the front of the Thunder mag was cut about 1/4" deeper. I filed the 383 Promag down and made it work, but it did not work well. I had to file it down to get it to lock in to the mag well of the gun. The Promag didn't work for very long before the spring started sticking down inside the mag. A Bersa factory mag might work. I have never seen one. Compare them side by side if you can. Good luck.

I bought two (non-Bersa) mags when i purchased my thunder 380 and one was smooth like butter and the other one would just not fit ir feed....took it back....got my money. It never fit correctly either.

qwiksdraw

At the gun show this past weekend, I found that Mecgar makes mags for the BT380. So I bought one.

This mag isn't on their website.