Bersa Full size thunder series

Dirty_Harry

Any opinions on these guns? I was looking at the price tag (cheap) and it felt nice, and I was thinking about buying one. I never hear anything about them. Thanks in advance.

ZeSpectre

Use the search function. Bersa Thunder gets discussed a lot (at least the .380 versions do). I've never handled the "full size" ones.

DBski

I don't know about their full size guns, but have the Thunder 380 and the Mini 45. Have not had any type of problem with either one. In fact just ordered the compact 9mm and will get it Friday. They are not as refined as the big name guns, but they are reliable, with everything I have shot out of them.

slow944

I had a FS Bersa Thunder 9MM and it was an excellent weapon. No failures of any kind. Check out Bersa Talk Forum for lots of good info.

tekarra

I have had a Bersa Thunder 9 for about 10 years. It has been totally reliable. As slow944 says, check out www.bersatalk.com. It is great forum with a lot of tech talk on all the Bersa line.

Dirty_Harry

Hmm, I have always heard good things about their 380's but never anything about the full size, I think, I will go and check one out.

Garand Illusion

I have the Bersa Ultra Compact Thunder 9 -- which is just a shorter version of the full size.

Fantastic gun IMHO. Never had even one single FTE or FTF of any kind in a couple of thousand rounds. Shortbarrelled and I don't really use it for bullseye shooting, but it is quite accurate enough.

If I needed a full size 9mm, it would be high on my list of choices.

as has been said ...

bersatalk.com is a good place to go.

I have a FS Thunder 9 and two compact Thunder 9s. All three have been completely reliable with at least 1k through each. I actually shot 1k over the course of a summer throught the FS with no cleaning and it performed flawlessly.
The Bersas are great underrated pistols.

zbordas

I own the 22 380 and 9mm UC models and all 3 are excellent guns for me. The big ones (380 and 9mm) had no malfunction ever. I use the 22 for practicing only and I use cheap rimfire ammo. I had a couple of miss-fires and FTFs. If I switch to more expensive ammo the failures go away.

Bersa pistols shipped from the improter after Aug. 07 come with 2 magazines.

Highly recommend.

attachment.php

Attachments

• pix1242030437.jpg
    pix1242030437.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 282

WVfishguy

I've got a Thunder .40. It came with two mags, I have two more on order. This gun kicks ass. The more you fire (and dry fire) it, the better it gets.;)

DannyAbear

I've had a Thunder 9 Hi cap (full size) for about a year now, with several hundred rounds down the pipe with absolutely no problems; and they were all my reloads. It has never had a factory round thru it.

If you go to auctionarms.com and search for 'bersa mags', there is a pawn shop in alabama that regularly sells the 17 round mags 2 for 49.00 & 6.00 to ship. About half price from dealer/distributor and yes they are guine factory mags, nobody else makes mags for the 9s 40s, or 45s; the pro mags in the 380 is hit or miss.

obxned

Never have seen or shot the full size, but 2 weeks after my son got a compact model, I got one for myself! Excellent guns worth much more than the price charged.

38SnubFan

Great pistols!

I had a MiniFireStorm in .45 ACP for a while before I was forced to sell it (I was in dire straits at the time). It only came with one 7-round magazine, which was dissapointing when I found out the cost of spare mags, but otherwise I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE WEAPON. It concealed very nicely, never had any failures of any kind, no matter what cheap crap ammo I shot through it (and trust me, I torture-tested this thing! :D ), and could shoot my 165-gr. Hydra-Shoks to point-of-aim at 15 yds. with use of only the front sight.

I'd definitely consider it for a CCW purchase. These days I replaced that .45 with a Taurus 24/7 PRO in .45AACP; not because I don't like the Bersa, but considering the work I do having large-capacity and a larger barrel (4.2" vs. 3.6") works better for me.

If you do get it, send me a PM and let me know what you think.

-38SnubFan