Bersa 380 mags? (Wife CCW)

Deja vu

So my wife is about to get a CCW and is now looking for a firearm. I put aside my favoritism for revolvers and let her pick what she liked. We spent all day at the range shooting about 30 different kinds of fire arms and in the end she came up with the Bersa Thunder 380.

So I am going to buy a her a Bersa thunder 380. It is not what I would have picked but this way I can be assured that she will carry it.

the question I have is I have seen some 9 round magazines advertised and I am wondering if they will work? The gun comes with a 7 round magazine.

I want to get her at least 3 extra magazines I would prefer more ammo but if it wont work ill stick with the 7 shot magazines.

any advise?

Last edited:

Red_Eagle

CDNN sells 7 rd factory mags for about $26. Don't know of any after market mags except pro-mag, and from the reviews it got on Midway USA, I'd stay away from them. 21 rds (three, 7 rd mags) of Hornady Critical Defence should take care of any problems she's likely to run into.

michael t

The 9 rounds mags are for the deluxe model Thunder they will work How ever they stick out the bottom over a inch ,
The 8 round CC mag will fit but should not be used This according to the factory . We have tried and mixed results'
The 7 round Thunder mag is the best for carry.
pro mags are junk in the Bersa. Use only factory mags the 9round ok for range and the 7 for carry'

This month their is a 15 % discount on orders over $50 This from a company that is well respected in Bersa world and you will get Bersa factory mags

Go to http://bersachat.com for information and the discount pass word.
Bersachat has all you Bersa needs covered ,mags, grips, and warranty .
Don't miss out on the discount.

group17

bersa3809.jpg

The nine round mag fits fine in my bersa 380 duo.

Squibb

The downside of Bersa, very expensive magazines. Condors Flight in Nevada is the only source for factory mags. Go on over to Bersa Chat and get the information for the current discount.

IMO, you probably don't need a lot of mags. I carry the CC, and it's not the small, or light, pistol some folks think of when .380 comes to mind. My Kahr CW9 is smaller and lighter. So, I usually leave a second mag at home. I figure if it happens, it'll be quick and close; so the 8 + 1 will do it.

michael t

The nine round mag fits fine in my bersa 380 duo.

Yes it does the only difference in your pistol and the deluxe is the finish and that it comes with that ugly 9 round mag.
That mag makes the Bersa harder to conceal.