Bersa 1911s ??

bedbugbilly

I was just running through Bud's site the other night and noticed that they had some different Bersa 1911s showing. I haven't run across any of these in any of the gun stores I've been in and really wasn't aware that they were offering anything like that. I have had one Bersa in the past - a .380 CC and I found it to be a good shooting little pistol for the $$ and it functioned well. I wouldn't have a problem getting another one.

I was just wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with the Bersa 1911 models and what you thought about them? Are they made by Bersa or by someone else for Bersa?

I know there are those that like Bersa and those that don't so please let's not turn this in to a "Bersa is junk, the only true 1911 is a Colt" thread.

I'd just like to hear from those who possibly have owned, handled or shot one as to what their thoughts were on them. On the one particular one that I brought up on Bud's site there was only two reviews and they weren't real applicable as to the fit, finish and overall function of them. Thanks.

9x19

The American Classic? Mis-identified by Buds... they are imported by the same folks (Eagle) who import Bersas, but they are made in the Phillipines by Metro Arms.

qwiksdraw

MetroArms makes a well built 1911. My Gov't 45ACP model has about 2500 rounds thru it in 2 years and has been 100% reliable. I have a 9MM Commander that has over 500 rounds and just as reliable. (I did have to replace an out of spec slide stop on it, but it did not affect shooting performance).

2007-12-31230000-7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Additionally, I own 2 Bersas, a Thunder 380 and Thuder 22, bot have been reliable and consistent and accurate. They are definitely NOT junk guns. I the BT380 is my carry gun and bet my life on it.

photo6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bedbugbilly

Thank you fellas - that clears up that question!

quicksdraw - please don't take offense in regards to my "junk" comment - I have had that response from some in the past when I was asking some questions on Bersa before I bought my Thunder CC .380. You know how it is as "everyone has an opinion".

At the time I wanted the Bersa .380 CC - there were just none to be found as they left the shelves as soon as they were put out. I ended up buying a used one - the previous owner had done some "trigger work" :roll eyes: on it and after the first DA shot, when it went to SA, the trigger pull was so light that I ended up sending two rounds down range without even trying - this happened a number of times. I wanted it for CCW and I just didn't feel that it was safe for that. I ended up taking it back to the LGS where I got it and they took it back as they didn't know it functioned that way. I shot probable 100 rounds. of mixed .380 to try it and it functioned and cycled perfectly with all of them. I would have no problem in getting another one or any of their models as I think they are a great value for the $$.

Thanks for posting the photos - nice looking semis! I'll keep my eyes out and hopefully I can run across several as I'd be interested in one. Currently, I carry a revolver for CCW but I've given some serious thought to getting another of the Bersa Thunder CC .380s as I sure liked the one I had with the exception of the feather light trigger pull it had due to being messed with by the previous owner.

Thanks again for the fine information - greatly appreciated! :)