Berry's Bullets

OkieGentleman

Who has experience with Berry's Plated Bullets? I have 500 in 230 gn for my 45 ACP pistol and 45 ACP carbine. I am looking at using AutoComp and TiteGroup for powder. Any load info would be appreciated.

yetavon

New to Berrys, 124 Gr 9mm with Tightgroup. done alot of looking and asking and most like them...so far I have no complients.

Hammerhead

I would use 230 grain FMJ data.
I load Berry's bullets with jacketed bullet data and get the velocities predicted. A recent article in Handloader magazine had similar results.

SRE

I use Berry's 55g FMJBT for my .223 loads over 25.5g of H4895. Always have had great results. Bullets are consistently sized. Great plinking and target bullets for the $.

amamnn

I did not see anyone posting a reply that concerned the .45 acp which the poster was going to shoot, so I will chime in with my limited experience with Berry and the .45 acp along with 5 other calibers they make and I shoot.

I say limited because the one and only Berry .45 caliber plated bullet I have ever bought turned out to be the one and only best accurate bullet in both my 1911 handguns. This after trying several jacketed bullets from various manufacturers and another plated bullet from a different maker. The powders mentioned are not ones that I prefer, but I also use a lighter (185 gr. SWC) bullet than the OP mentions.

I use several other Berry's plated bullets in handguns which I shoot at targets only. I am looking forward to seeing what Berry's new hollow points will be like- possibly for use in my carry gun(s).

5R milspec

Same here,cannot wait for the new HP.Want to try them in 9mm, 380, 40, and 45.Come on Berry bring them out for us to BUY

JimDandy

Obviously the range I go to would be the final arbiter, but I'll throw this out there to get an idea... the range I go to most often is indoor and requires fully jacketed bullets.. i.e. FMJ or JHP. Would these plated bullets qualify?

5R milspec

this is the main reason for the bullets itself.This way of making the bullet did away with the jacket for less cost.You might want to still ask,but I say shooooooot uuuum hurry up and shoooot uuum

amamnn

The only way that a rangemaster could tell that your bullets were not FMJ as opposed to plated would be if you told him........Most ranges with that requirement are trying to keep lead exposure down and the plated bullet does that quite well.

serf 'rett

Don't many of the full metal jacketed bullets actually have the lead core exposed on the rear of the bullet? The Berrys would be better for the indoor range since all of the bullet is plated.

I like the Berry's and I'm not the only one judging from Out of Stock and Backordered notes I'm seeing.

Last edited:

JimDandy

Everyone and their sister are backordering everything right now. I can't find a SINGLE Hornady 3 die .45 acp Taper crimp set anywhere.

wyobohunter

I use these 230 gr RN in my 1911. Shot some USPSA with them and they did well. I don't have any data for Titegroup (I use unique or red dot). Berry's suggest splitting the difference between loads for jacketed and loads for cast. Hope that helps.

DFrame

I've fired thousands of them in 40 calibre and 38 special using Clays. THey shoot great and are much cleaner than cast.

straightShot

Use a lighter load or a midrange load, and you should do fine. Stay away from the magnum loads with the plated bullets. I use Berry's all the time, but not with either of the powders that you mention.

Stay safe!