Berry's and lead bullets

I don't know just when it happened, but I recently awoke to the realization that Berry's no longer sells cast lead bullets. They now sell (for handguns) only their plated lead bullets.

What are some other sources for decent quality, affordable lead bullets for handguns?

TruthTellers

Define "affordable"

Missouri has their powder coated bullets and those are really cheap and available at MidwayUSA. Speer has a 20% rebate going right now for all their bullets, including lead. I like Matt's Bullets because he has some unique ones, but mainly because his .38/.357 bullets are all sized to .359.

It also depends on what caliber you are loading.

Hal

It could be the right time to consider investing in the equipment to make your own.

All the local shops have gotten out of the reloading side of the business & I have to search far and wide for supplies & components.

I'm going to be forced myself into some kind of a decision since my stash is about at the reorder level.

I started looking online & the real killer is freight.

This whole thing is as complicated as when I needed 12 interior 6 panel wood doors.
12 is more or less the "magic number" - that becomes the break even point where investing in a wood shaper vs buying pre-made door slabs - begins.

I went the pre-made & pre hung route - since I'm getting near the end of the stage in my life where doing that sort of thing is winding down. 20 years ago, I'd have picked up the shaper and would have taken on other stuff that required the shaper.

Anyhow - just something to think about as an alternative.

Grey_Lion

Do you have a specific purpose for buying finished cast lead projectiles?

I got into casting lead figures for RPGs before I ever cast bullets, so I had half the gear & experience before I started making projectiles. So casting my own bullets sort of came naturally to me. It wasn't until I was DEEP into it that I figured out I could produce my own projectiles and bring my cost per round down to about $0.04 after buying powder and primers in bulk.

My lead bullet use is because I love the craft of making different projectiles. And I can customize to any need I imagine I want to fill.

But, at the end of the day, it isn't about cost or the desire to be able to stand alone apart from bullet manufacturers. It's about me being a maker and craftsman in my own right that I make my own custom projectiles.

David R

Brazos are a newer company that makes Bullseye quality bullets by Bullseye shooters.
Their price is the best in the business and have free shipping if you buy the right quantity.

Very accurate coated or conventionally lubed.

Right now they have 10% off for new customers. I have shot many thousand of them.

https://www.brazosprecision.com/

David
No dog in this. I am just another shooter. I Cast for 20 years including rifle bullets. They make quality stuff.

Grey Lion said:
Do you have a specific purpose for buying finished cast lead projectiles?
Yes. I am not interested in casting my own. I don't shoot enough lead bullets to make it worth the monetary or time investment.

Marco Califo

I have some cast bullets bought from Berrys. I do not think Berrys ever made their own cast bullets. They were cheap on close out.

Last edited: