Berreta Cx4 Storm (.40) Failure to Eject

FrosSsT

Functioned flawlessly the last time I took it out. This time when I brought it out to do some shooting every other round failed to eject. (Spent casing is stuck halfway out of ejection port) Extractor is not broken and looks fine. Using same ammo as usual (American Eagle 155 grain). Took it apart and put it back together. Same issue. Charging handle was tight as well. I am thinking under lubrication from the prior cleaning. Any similar issues? Help on this would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance

Last edited:
Was it completely cleaned from last time you shot it?

Some guns like to be run well lubricated so under lubricated could be a problem, but some semis when lubricated just get filled up will crap and jam frequently.

I used to oil the action of my Remington 597 and it would get filled up with crap and jam but now I use a penetrating oil that you wipe off and it runs great now.

A guy I shot with runs his shot gun completely dry as it just gunks up when he oils it.

Ozzieman

The only time I had a problem like yours was with light hand loads.
Is the case catching on the forward end of the port and making a gouge in the plastic forward edge?
That was what mine did but again it was with light loads.
How about the bolt, when you pull it back (without a mag and no ammo) does it move smoothly and with the same amount of pull or does it feel rough.
The bolt on the storm is large and there are a lot of arias that it makes contact to the rest of the gun. I use break free and give the entire bolt a light coating. Doing this does not make mine pick up a lot of crud and I do shoot mine a lot.
The one thing I would try is to dissemble the gun and with just the upper receiver slide the bolt in and out and see if you find any rough spots where the bolt covers the end of the barrel when they make contact.
Have you owned the gun long? Are you sure it was assembled correctly. I can’t think of any way it can be put together wrong.
Wish I could be more help, mine is in the thousands of rounds and with normal loads I have never had a problem.
The following shows the gouge that light loads caused.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=391388&highlight=beretta+storm+carbine

docwade

Mine started to do the same thing after about 3000 rounds. I ran a steel plate course of fire, around 75 plates. Handed it off, and about half way through my friend's run, it started jamming every few rounds. Stove pipes and casings trapped in the action. Mine appears to have sheared part of the extractor. It can look "ok" but that seems to be the problem when these things start having problems. It was 100%, 100% of the time up to today. I'll order the part and see if it corrects the issue. Google search "beretta cx4 storm Jamming".