Berger Bullet load data?

cdbeagle

I have purchased 130 gr Match Grade VLD Hunting bullets in .264 for my CZ 6.5x55. Berger wants you to purchase their manual but I don't want to until I know I will be using their bullets. If these bullets work great I will buy 140 grainers too. I just don't want to spend the money on a manual to test one bullet. Anyone have any data I could use?

reynolds357

Go to Hodgdon website and use any of their 140 data. The Berger has very little bearing surface, so it usually tolerates being loaded hotter than anything else except the A-Max. You also have Ramshot and Accurate powder companies website that lists data for the Sweede. I load 140Bergers in the Sweede and love them. My load uses Ramshot Magnum well over maximum load, but my seat depth is very long creating a little extra case capacity. Starting load for the 6.5X55 Sweedish Mauser using a 140 spitzer and Ramshot Magnum powder is 46.4. Published maximum is 49.8.

DeerSlayer86

Check out loaddata.com, they want about $20 I think but on the positive note, there are thousands and thousands of loads on there...including the Berger manual in its entirety. Pretty cool

acb

Berger manual says (6.5/55 Swedish Mauser 130 gn match grade vld hunting barrel length 24 in coal 3.150 IMR 4350 start load 41.0 max 43.0. IMR 4831 start load is 41.5 max 43.9 ) no load for varget . I used these for the first time this year hunting for my sons 270 and my 7 mm rem mag and they were awesome only thing is on all three deer we shot they don't leave much of a blood trail because they punch in and come apart in the cavity. But there isn't much tracking either none of them went more than 20 yds . Remember I was quoting load out of book but its loaders response ability to verify good luck

EchoM70

For future reference you just email Berger via their "contact us" section of their website and someone will email you requested reload data. I have done this with .243 win load data.

cdbeagle

For future reference you just email Berger via their "contact us" section of their website and someone will email you requested reload data. I have done this with .243 win load data.

Emailed them last night and already received the data from them. Thanks for the advice.