Beretta Stock Combat 92

DennisE

Ayone have any experience with this gun? It's a single action, 9mm Beretta with a frame mounted safety. One guy says it will shoot 1/2" at 25 yards. Regards, Dennis

BigMike

Dennis, I emailed Beretta several months back and asked them of the availability of the Stock Combat Pistol. They emailed me back saying that except for the .40 Cal.-they had no current plans to bring them into the U.S. If that has changed I would like to know. Mike

swampgator

Completely off the top of my head:

If you HAD to have it in 9mm couldn't you take the top end off a Taurus and mount on the frame or does Beretta have a larger frame on the .40's than it does on the 9mm?

Granted, not the most practical thing but the Beretta does sound a lot like the Taurus 92. Kinda like a knock off of a knock off.

Gator

Russell92

i don't know much about them. i've never seen or shot one. i do know that the combat model is around $1600 and i don't think thats worth a shorter trigger pull

I have shot a beretta modified to SA. it was a 92 Stock frame with a 92D slide on it. it also had all kinds of other modifications on it and trigger jobs. The owner of it calls it his "Franenstein gun".
surprizingly enough i shot it pretty poorly. i was completely shocked by how the trigger felt that i couldn't get used to it.

i have a 92G Elite that has a trigger job done on it by Ernest Langdon. i couldn't ask for a better trigger from a beretta. it improves the trigger so much its like night and day between it and my stock 92FS.

i can shoot it extreemly accurately thanks to the trigger job.

beretta 92FS = around $500
trigger job = $75

that compared to $1600 (if you can find one)