Beretta Stampede

joepa

Does anyone own or has anyone shot a Beretta Stampede? Saw one at the shop today in the deluxe edition. Looks amazing and the action is as smooth as an old Colt. And the price is right too. Just wondering if it's an accurate, reliable gun. It's a .357 with a 5 1/2 inch barrel. Any opinions???????

Sir William

My experience has been negative. I would pass on it. The few I have had experience with, including a Deluxe blue (that wasn't) and a nickel Deluxe model just weren't finished well. Two froze up in action and other owners I have spoken with all had to have theirs retimed, ation jobs and some simply reurned theirs for credit. I didn't care for their style of tansfer bar ignition either. Uberti is far better for similar money.

joepa

Thanks for the reply SirWilliam. Were these problem Stampedes recent models? From what I understand, Uberti is manufacturing these now for Beretta.

Jack Malloy

A freind of mine who is very very very picky used to use one for Cowboy Actin Shooting and he liked it.
He eventually changed to Ruger Vaqueros though because he switched from big bore to .38 loads.

Sir William

I have experience with the first run and I have handled current models. The fit and finish is still lacking. I have no knowledge of Uberti making any single actions for Beretta. They are not similar in design.

nightman

Good Stampede

I bought a 4 3/4" .357 deluxe the first of March, 2005. So far I've put 500 rounds through it and had no problems. I like it. I'd buy another. Fit and finish are good.

laytonj1

The Beretta stampede is made by Uberti. Uberti is stamped on the underside of the barrel. I own a beretta stampede deluxe in 45 colt. The fit and finish is excellent, it shoots great and I have had no problems with it.

Lone Star

Beretta owns Uberti now, as of a couple of years ago.

I handled a couple of Stampedes in a Beretta Gallery shop, and they seemed well made and finished. Or, maybe they have more than one SAA Colt style.
If the Stampede is a cheaper gun, it may not be what I saw.

Beretta also owns Sako and Tikka, I think.

Lone Star

Jack Malloy

Uberti was basicaly 'bought out' by Beretta several years ago.
However, prior to that, there were some very strong ties between both companies. In fact, if I remember right, the respective families who owned both companies had been intermarried for something like fifty or sixty years.

joepa

Thanks everybody for your input. I'm going to go and have another look at the Stampede. May add it to the collection soon. I don't own any other SA revolvers so I'm rather excited about it.

Any others I should look at in SA? And I don't want to spend the $$$ for a Colt or Freedom Arms.

CarbineCaleb

Ruger Vaqueros have many fans, and they have just introduced a second generation model, called (what else? :rolleyes: ) the "New Vaquero":
255H.gif

Can also check for ideas at:
http://forums.sixgunner.com/