Beretta Px4 Storm or Walther P99

OK guys,
I asked about buying a 1911 and got great advice and feedback from many. Now that I've 95% decided that I am going to get a Springer 1911 Loaded Stainless, hopefully this weekend when I make it back home to Fort Worth, I am already starting to think about my next purchase.

I'm leaning towards a 9mm. Initially I was thinking of an XD .45 as a bedside gun, but I think I want something more managable for the wifey.

Both these guns are very respectable in my opinion but I've shot neither. I wish they carried more rounds, but that's not a big deal. Just wanting to get some thoughts, opinions, and experiences from ya'll.
Later,
JP

Spenser

I'm liking the stock glowy sights the Beretta has, as well as the da/sa with a safety setup. In fact, there might be one in my immediate future...:)

If I'm not mistaken the PX4 will also accept 92 mags. This is a plus in my opinion. Does anybody know this to be true or not?

Pistola Pedro

Win-Win

I was debating between those two and a few others last time I bought pistol. I ended up going with the P99 and am very happy with my purchase, but that being said, I'm pretty sure that had I bought the PX-4 I would be just as happy. They are both great pistols and I don't see you kicking yourself over it no matter which way you go.
Pete

ShipWreck

I like beretta - but good god man :p - There is no comparison. The P99 all the way. I think it is a much better gun.

I've given up on 1911s for now because I shoot the P99 so well.

I have shot the PX4 on several occassions. I think it is just an avg DA/SA handgun in 9mm. The rotating barrel doesn't do a whole lot in 9mm. However, in 40 cal, it is amazing - I felt like I was shooting a 9mm on the PX4 on the 1 occassion I shot the 40 version.

I am not a 40 cal fan - however, if I ever bought a 40, I'd get the PX4.

In 9mm, get the P99 - it is an awesome gun!

ragwd

I had the Walther p99 qa 9mm for about 18 months, loved it , great shooter. Accurate for a short barrel 9mm, dont remember any ftf's. Trigger pull a bit long for me but the more pistols I fire the more I find they all seem long. Sold it last week to help fund my h&k usp compact .45. now i have a new love:D

Fishyfish

Sig Sauer... I haven't even tried them, I feel sorry because i left out sig on every consideration of buying a gun because well i forgot about sig.

Trust walther. I have a P99 and a PPK.

LUPUS

This is not a fair contest.
PX4's hands are completely empty against the P99,completely.
Ergonomics, balance, reliability, AS trigger with a fairly short reset and take up turned into practical accuracy is packed in a fairly compact package in P99. So no contest, especially with the AS version.
Best.

Spenser

Wow. I didn't expect to be in the minority on this issue...:eek:

However, I am a former owner of a P99, and loved it. So I'd agree there's nothing to lose with a P99. I also blame Shipwreck for making me crave another one.

No love out there for the safety, da/sa, stock luminous sights on the Beretta? No love for the cheaper price on them, either?