Beretta Neos

reteach

A friend is thinking about buying a Beretta Neos .22 LR. I've tried a search here but don't see much comment about them. Anyone have solid info I can pass along?
Thanks.

joyrock

I got one. I like it. It is the 6 inch one. I would like to get the carbine kit for it. I just haven't yet. It works well. It is odd looking at the range. It is really simple to take down and clean.

kenny53

I have one and it is not my favorite. The rear sight messed up and I never got it right.
have an optic on it right now but just don't care for it.

TailGator

I have a six-inch model. Mine has been extremely reliable with everything except CCI Standard Velocity, which doesn't feed well. Quite accurate, comfortable to shoot, easy to strip and clean. The small grip is great for youngsters and women with small hands, making it a great teaching tool as well as an enjoyable plinker. The sights are pretty bad, but mounting a red dot is very easy, and you can use an inexpensive one, since recoil is pretty close to zero.

RUT

>>The sights are pretty bad<<

I added an EWK fiber optic front sight to mine and it works pretty slick now!

Cheapshooter

My son has one. Good pinker, quite accurate. As reliable as any 22 pistol. I just can't get past the Buck Roger's ray gun look. I had guns that looked like that when I was a kid. When you pulled the trigger, water squirted out the muzzle!:eek::D

reteach

Thanks for the replies. I'm about to be in electronic time out for a few days. Keep the info coming and I'll read it next week.

Merry Christmas, everybody.

Onward Allusion

Got 3 of 'em. Two 4" and one 6". I love the futuristic ray gun design. Reliable but gotta keep it clean. Top rail lets me mount red dots. Accuracy is on par with other plinker type 22's. Small grip size is perfect for the Mrs. The standard black front sights are hard to see. Swapped them out with orange inserts.

jstert

4” beretta neos owner here, came barely used for $150, probably was sold off quickly because its looks and feel can be polarizing.

+: reliable shooter. easy to fieldstrip. high build quality. value priced.
-: odd looking. safety bites my thumb a bit, seems a tad top heavy.

i prefer the ruger sr22 for a plinker. the neos would be perfect with its unicorn carbine kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John D

Got one BECAUSE of the odd appearance. Shoots fine, really small grip. For some reason I hardly ever shoot it - end up taking my Rugers instead. Have to run some rounds through it....

Cornhusker77

I've got one, but I haven't shot it a lot in the last few years.
As I recall, it's a good shooter.
Like others have mentioned, it's an odd looking thing, but it's fun.
2kUEUVX.jpg

Last edited:

RUT

>>Got one BECAUSE of the odd appearance<<

Same on this end! That plus the way it takes down.

M88

I bought this used a while back and love it. Easy to shoot, feels right in my hand. Want to get a red dot for it as my eyes can't focus as well with bifocals. You will love it.
attachment.php

Attachments

• neos.jpg
    neos.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 341

reteach

Thanks again for the input. My friend didn't get the one he was looking at, but he might get another in the near future.

Happy New Year.

osbornk

When I was looking for an under $300 22 semi-auto a few years ago, my LGS had the Neos and a Ruger Mk III 22/45 with the Neos being $20 cheaper. Compared to the Ruger, the Neos felt flimsy and toy like. I asked the employees of the store which one they would suggest and every one of them recommended the Ruger and I bought it. I think I made a good decision.

John D

After all this discussion, I took the Neos out for a session yesterday. The small grip is still a bit of a bother, but the pistol is a lot of fun to shoot. Accurate, easy to handle, good sights. Sure, if I had to only choose one .22 I'd pick one of my Rugers....fortunately, I can have both!

RUT

>>the Neos felt flimsy and toy like<<

That's interesting, as I find it to be anything but flimsy and toy like. What I liked about it was the heft. The gun I did find to be flimsy and toy like was my former S&W M&P 22C. I ended up selling it in favor of an S&W Victory, which incidentally weighs the same as my 6" Neos. (36 oz)

Prof Young

I owned one too!

I owned a Neos while I was in search of a keeper 22LR semi auto. The gun ran well and seemed well built. Easy to clean. I really liked the look of it . . . but I just couldn't shoot it well. Switched over to a Buck Mark Contour 7.25 and am now a happy man. Neos is a good gun, just not for me. Oh, and i did look into finding and buying the stock attachment . . . . very pricey.

Life is good.
Prof Young