Beretta Elite III?

Kraziken

So early last year, I was inquiring about some guns, and found some data about supposedly a Beretta Elite III was supposed to be released in the third quarter of 2008.

So far I haven't seen anything. To be honest, I don't even know what special features were going to be on the gun.

I currenltly own a Beretta Elite IA.

This included the heavier Brigadier bruniton slide with front serrations and Elite designation, silver stainless barrel, thin skeletonized hammer, and bevel of the magazine well. A flat hammer spring cap was standard as well as the decock only (G-Model) feature and dovetailed front sight.

I also have a Beretta Elite II 96.

This option replaced the Elite I option in 2001 and includes the same features as the original Elite plus removable Novak type sights, extended magazine release catch, checkered front/rear grip strap, thicker (than Elite I) skeletonized hammer, and lighter D-spring. This option is available only with the stainless G-Model slide, also with front serrations. The stainless barrel for the Elite II has a target crown.

Anyone have any insight on what the Elite III is supposed to have? I found some reference in Wikipedia, but with no details (and also noting a third quarter 2008 release).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_96G_Elite_II

l8apex

Not much info out there right now, I also own a EII92, and use it regularly for training & comp. I've also heard the rumor from a good combat training source [who only shoots the EII], but nothing confirmed.

xotech

Beretta Elite III
Limited Production

SA/DA
Flush Crowned Barrel
Hogue rubber grips
Stainless Finish
"Elite III" engraved on slide
Novak sights
Skeletonized hammer
SD frame
Picatinny rail

Includes set of standard 92 grips
3 magazines with mag bumpers & custom hard case

JS92F11 9mm 15 Cap 4.9" barrel $750 MSRP
JS96F01 40SW 11 Cap 4.9" barrel $750 MSRP

I spoke with Beretta today and they said they might be getting them in from Italy next year. Also said that they can't make them in US, due to large military contract.