Beretta al 390 owners...

Remmy

I have had a beretta AL 390 for a couple of years now but the last time i shot it was so long ago because it would really bruise the heck out of my cheek.
My question is where can i get the Stock Drop & Cast Spacers to tilt the stock down and away from my cheek a little more? It never came with them...
Im looking to do some shooting over the summer in Fingerville S.C. and just want to be ready.

Also I thought i'd throw this out there for anyone who knows bolt action .410's...my dad gave me his .410 bolt action about 9 years ago and I have no clue what kind it is, i just know its really old. If anyone has a guess about what brand it is, im all ears.

Thanks

Dave McC

Staff In Memoriam
Any Beretta dealer should have the shims/spacers you need. If none are close, try Brownells or Gun Parts Corp.

HTH...

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
Have you checked with Grady's in Anderson? Only been there once but seemed like a good store.

I too have an unidentified .410. It was used when my Dad got it for me in the 60's. It's my understanding that several of the larger discount stores (Monkey Ward, Sears, Western Auto) would get manufacturers to make guns specificly for them. It gets tough to figure out what you have unless you have a photo to compare. My .410 has a faint "Sears" on the barrel, but that's almost illegible.

Giz

Clemson

Remmy: In addition to the stock work, buy some high quality ammunition. Winchester AA or Remington STS ammunition is softer shooting than the promotional dove and quail loads.
Cost is somewhat higher, but places like Walmart and KMart have AA's for $4.97 a box. The hulls can be sold for $.05 each after you shoot a box of ammo, so you can recoup a dollar or so from each box bringing your cost down to about the same as the promo loads. The differences are in the cushion wads and hard shot used in the premium shells. They tend to give you a "push" rather than a "kick."