Beretta accuracy improvements

Joe Portale

Is there anything that can be done to improvethe accuracy of the 92/96 series pistols? Mine aren't all that bad, but they could use some help.

Joe

Swamp Yankee

I don't think the Beretta 92 will ever be a Bullseye gun.
I had an action job done on my 92FS Custom Carry. The smith took all the creep out of the SA pull and got a clean 2-1/2 to 3 lb break. Installed a Millet adjustable rear sight designed to work with the factory front. These changes definately made for a better shooting more accurate pistol.
Also worked on handloads. Found the Custom Carry likes 124 grain bullets best. Have had best accuracy results with moderate loads of PowerPistol.
Take Care

While the standard Beretta 92/96 series is not a match grade gun, it is usually quite accurate right out of the box. More than acceptable combat accuracy. Slick the trigger up a little and you should be dialed in.

Regards.

Lictalon

Puts a ragged hole in the target for me...benched, of course. The main thing is the trigger. Langdon does excellent work.

I've also heard of putting a bushing around the front of the barrel, but I think it would ruin the combat worthiness of the weapon.

I'd go to Langdon and have him do a trigger job...after that, look for a load that you weapon really likes.

http://www.langdontactical.com/

My .02

Paul B.

Joe. A while back, Jensen's had a sign up where they would do something to Beretas and Taurus's to make them shoot tighter. Something about a weld on the end of the barrel and turning it down so that it acts as if the gun had a bushing. You might want to check that out.
Paul B.