Beretta A390 question

Carbon_15

Can anyone tell me how to get the dang magazine plug out.
The manual says "to increase capacity simply remove the plug from the magazine tube" :rolleyes: not much help.
Thanks

jmr40

Not worth the effort since it will only increase mag capacity by 1 round. I no longer have mine to look at so my directions may be a bit unclear. There is a slot in the end of the magazine to place a flat bladed screwdriver in. Before you can unscrew the end of the magazine cap you must also depress a small pin that protrudes through the side of the mag tube. It is small so it is easy to miss.

LanceOregon

Carbon 15:

To do this, you simply follow the exact same instructions that the manual has for reducing the magazine capacity to 1 round. The only difference is that instead of adding a second plug, you will instead simply be removing the existing plug, and leaving no plug inside. That is the only step that is different in the instructions.

It is sort of odd that they worded the manual the way that they did. Perhaps the instructions lost something in the translation from Italian. :D

NOTE: This is rather awkward to do. And the magazine spring is extremely strong, so you have to be prepared to handle the pressure from it when the you screw the magazine cap off. Be sure to refer to photo 32 in the photo section at the end of the manual for guidance in unscrewing the cap.

If you plan to do any bird hunting with the gun, then I question bothering to remove the plug. For you have to have it in there whenever you are bird hunting.

Good luck enjoying your Beretta 390!

--

pinetree

I took mine out last week. A decade+ of clays, duck, goose, dove, quail and upland...spring was rusted (its been swimming a few times). The "mag tube cap" (using Beretta parts names) is screwed in. The "mag tube cap spring" secures the "mag tube cap" in place preventing it from un-threading. Take the gun apart, then use a punch to push the "mag tube cap spring" in and use a screw driver at the in of the "mag tube cap", it is cut at the end for a screwdriver. Once you get a turn start the spring will no longer need to be depressed. The "mag tube cap spring" will look like a pin coming out of the mag tube. The The mag spring is under pressure - but not too bad. I have a plastic orange plug. I leave mine in. But that is how you do it.

Some say you can toss the "mag tube cap spring", but I worry that the "mag tube cap" will un-thread when removing the "fore end cap".

I ordered parts from Coles Gunsmithing (colegun.com). They took care of me.

Tim