Beretta 9mm Cougar DAO

18DAI

I went to see my pusher today. I told him to keep an eye out for an IDPA pistol for me. He was showing me a Springfield he took in, when I saw the Beretta in the case. This thing feels great. The grip is perfect for my hand. 9mm DAO, no box or docs, slightly used $300 OTD. Is this a good deal? Does anyone use the Cougar for IDPA? Is it accurate? The DAO trigger felt very nice, almost as nice as an LDA. My dealer can get some extra mags, is 10 rounds the max for this pistol? I've not had a rotating barrel pistol before, my search yeilded both positives and negatives. What say you of the DAO 9mm Cougar? Regards 18DAI.

Mark54g

You can get a new Stoeger Cougar for about that, maybe a little more. It would be traditional DA/SA I believe. You may want to look at the Beretta PX4 in D or C configuration, though.

silverking

Nice write-up in this months Guns and Ammo on the Stoeger Cougar. The price is right at $349.00. I got mine today at Gander Mountain. This is the 9mm. they didn't have the .40 in stock--in fact, mine was the only 9mm in stock. The store was super busy today and as the sale was being written up, a few people were admiring the gun as it was sitting on the counter. A couple of people asked the sales person if they could check it out and he told them to ask me as it was now mine. Made me feel pretty good because they wanted it and I had it !
The Cougar comes with two 15 round mags, has ambi safety(I like that), couple of bore brushes, swab rod, and a nice case. Did I mention easy breakdown? All good stuff.
I haven't fired it yet but soon---very soon.