Beretta 96 question

I took a few guns out for some exercise today. I have a question, all my auto's pile the brass in a reasonable small area except my Beretta 96. It throws the brass in front of me, behind me, way behind me, way way behand me, off to the side, way off to the side, way way off to the side very seldom are 2 cases in the same spot. Is there a way to fix or adjust this? :confused:

CzarShel

Buy one of those plastic, or bag style
77663_ts.JPG
combersome brass catchers, if your really that worried about it :)

Since I've put over 14,000 rounds through it I'm not too worried about it. I was just wondering if all 96's did this since none of my 92's do.

Brian D.

I'm sure it's possible for a good 'smith (someone who specializes in Berettas, perhaps?) to "tune" the ejector and extractor somewhat, reducing this tendency to scatter the empties. But if that's the only "problem" one of my pistols had, the wallet would stay put, 'til something more critical came up.

I know that you can tune the extractor on a 1911, I just didn't know if you could do that on a Beretta. It's not so much a problem just something I've been wondering about for years. I took my wife out shooting today for her birthday and it tossed 250 rounds all over the place. We had a great time shooting about 800 rounds, and had a picnic lunch to boot. :D :D

Wallew

You said:

Since I've put over 14,000 rounds through it I'm not too worried about it.

Has this pistol ALWAYS DONE THIS? If not, perhaps JUST replacing the extractor and ejector will solve most of this problem.

ON the other hand, if this pistol has ALWAYS done this, then a 'tune up' would probably be in order. And don't be surprised if the FIRST THING the smith does is replace both the ejector & extractor.

Good luck!

ON the other hand, if this pistol has ALWAYS done this, then a 'tune up' would probably be in order. And don't be surprised if the FIRST THING the smith does is replace both the ejector & extractor

It's done this since I got it. I have replaced the ejector, extractor and springs with no change at all. So I guess it will just toss brass until it wears out and gets retired. :D