Beretta 950 Jetfire

IronBalls

Just paid for one, and in 10 days ill be shooting it. I read a few reviews on it by search, but any comments would be appreciated- advice too would be nice. Any recomendations for a pocket holster?

Doug S

The Jetfire is a great little gun. I recently bought a stainless Jetfire and am extremely happy with it. It's accurate and reliable (200 rounds without a single malfunction). I carry mine in a cheap $10 Uncle Mikes #1 pocket holster (for small 22 & 25's).

Kentucky Rifle

Sure..

I've got one in my pocket right now in an Uncle Mikes #1. Cost was under $10.00. It's supposed to have a moisture barrier to keep sweat away from your pistol. Stainless steel, about 9.5 ounces--it's a great little pistol. I've tried seveal types of ammo and haven't had one single problem. For FMJ, I prefer Fiocchi. I can tell they are a little hotter. For HP, I like Hornady XTP's (if you can find any), and Gold Dots. However, for carry I keep my Jetfire loaded with Magsafes. I did the little test that Magsafe recommends on the package. The ammo makes a bad wound in a brisket! I would hate to be shot with a .25ACP Magsafe.
I also purchased some nice factory walnut grips over on "Auction Arms" for $25.00. They were originally made for the discontinued "EL" model Jetfire. They look nice and have a brass Beretta emblem on each side. Beretta was selling these grips for $50.00, but the guy on AA bought all the factory had and is selling them for $25.00. I noticed that he had another ad up today, The name is "Jim's Grips".

Kentucky Rifle

[Edited by Kentucky Rifle on 04-28-2001 at 05:53 PM]

IronBalls

I think ill try that magsafe/brisket test =)

I am looking for info on the Unc Mikes holster but cant find any pics. Can anyone post something/email me. Also, any experience with action-direct.com and their stuff? I like their pocket holster but only know it from the sight.

Marko Kloos

I carry mine in the Uncle Mike's size 1 pocket holster also...a great holster for less than $10. Here's what it looks like...and it holds the gun perfectly snug.

pocketrig.jpg

Doug S

The above address doesn't seem to be working. The following was written by Massad Ayoob for Handguns Annual 2001. You can find the entire article by doing a search using the words Guns Magazine: Best Buy Handguns.

Beretta 950.25

The .25 auto has long been a favorite of those who appreciate its tiny size and light weight. Professionals have seen so many failures with these small-caliber guns, however, that they steer away from them, except in rare cases where they need the tiniest, most undetectable firearm.

The Beretta Jetfire .25 automatic is always at the top of the list of guns of its type. There has never been a more reliable pistol in this caliber and only a few of the other best-quality brands have ever equaled it in this regard. Despite its tiny, vestigial sights, it will easily stay on the center "5" zone of an International Practical Shooting Confederation target at 25 yards.

This gun has three claims to fame that earn it "best buy" status. First, consider its "most reliable" factor. This is the non-negotiable baseline from which you begin any assessment of a firearm's worth, especially a firearm that might ever be used for defense. Second, its nine-shot capacity puts it above almost everything else in its category. This is especially important when you consider that the less powerful your gun is, the more shots you are likely to need.

Now, let's tallc dollars. This is a genuine Beretta, a brand known for very high quality. My favorite of the newest generation Berettas, the Cougar .45, goes for almost $700 in the base-line model. The famous Model 92 9mm pistol starts at $629 suggested retail. The cheapest Beretta .380 goes for $543. By contrast, the 940 sells for a piddling $220.

How do they do it? The 950 was introduced roughly half a century ago. It was the first Beretta pistol to be produced in the United States by Beretta USA. The equipment it was made on was phased out long ago. Little things like a trigger guard of sheet steel can result in big-cost savings to the manufacturer. This is why a Beretta .25 costs less than a third as much as a Beretta .45, even though the quality is essentially the same, which is to say, top-drawer.

StephenT

Nice little gun and a great value at $169 for the matte version. I was wondering why it was cheaper than the 21A in 22LR. I haven't tried my new Jetfire out yet, but it looks like Beretta hasn't cut any corners on the quality. While it's a bit heavier than my P32, it has more of that "real gun" feel.

bad_dad_brad

Jetfire

If you have to carry a tiny .25 cal pistol, the Jetfire is the only one.

It is the second gun I ever purchased and I would not sell it for anything.

An absolute joy to shoot. Perfectly reliable. Don't dry fire it with out an empty cartridge however. Eventually you will break the firing pin.

I do want to get a stainless INOX model as the blued version has to be meticulously maintained to avoid rust. Still so pretty this little perfect gun. Love that tip up barrel.