Beretta 92S

RCS

I was curious where this gun fit into the 92 family. I'm asuming that it is an early model, as the one I looked at was italian made and had the mag release at the bottom right hand corner of the left grip panel. It was in terrific condition, although the bluing looked a little brown on the slide. What info can anyone give me? The price was pretty good at $389 w/ a 15rd mag.

JJR

The classic original! Except for the placement of the mag release, it's my opinion that it's the best variant of the 92 ever made. The frame mounted safety makes it the only 92 you can carry cocked and locked and you'll find that the fit and finish is far superior to the modern "militarized" 92's.

If you decide against it, please let me know where I can find it. I can always give a good home to another one :).

BrokenArrow

The 92 came out in 1975. The 92S (1977) moved the safety from the frame to the slide. The 92S-1 (1979) moved the mag release to the trigger guard. The 92SB (1980) added the firing pin block. The 92SB-F, or just 92F (1983) squared the trigger guard, added Bruniton finish, chrome bore. The 92G (1987) was the decock only model. The 92D (1990) the DAO model. Forget where the 92FS (slide capture pin added) came in, maybe 1989?

------------------
>>>>---->
http://home.att.net/~brokenarrrow/