Beretta 92FS INOX. Turners Pasadena Sales Guy Says No.

Steamboatsig

The sales guy at Turners in Pasadena threw me for a loop when I went to pick up this Private Party Transfer. He told me that this gun isn't an INOX because the INOX has a beefier *slide (like the Brigadier), and that this gun doesn't have an INOX Roll Mark. I told him INOX meant Stainless, but he insisted it wasn't an INOX. I didn't argue with him.

Is this an INOX or not?
InoxRight.jpg

InoxLeft.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

Last edited:

Tibult

Your welcome,
You can now educate the ignorant salesman with data he cannot dispute from the manufacturer itself.While his ignorance is not dangerous to the public it leads to misinformation that spreads and causes people to be ripped off on price of their gun or be price gouged by false advertising.

Steamboatsig

It makes you wonder what other misinformation he is spreading to the public. I already shudder every time I have to go to a gun store and see the people that are buying guns here in California. Watching a buyer struggle with handgun manipulation with their finger on the trigger and pointing it at everyone in the building is maddening.

JoeSixpack

Inox just means stainless.
The slide won't be any more "beefy"
The brigadier model came in both black and inox (and iirc black inox called the Cajon)

You can tell if the slide is really stainless by looking at the front of it, between the barrel and guide rod it will say "stainless".
That is unless they changed production.

I've seen some of the black 92's painted to look stainless with things like np3
and they do so quite convincingly so I can't say for sure but based on the picture it look legit to me.

The all inox 92's are very beautiful, Congrats :)

GeneS

That's an older Inox before they went to the frame with angled dust cover and black control levers. Yours is nicer looking than the new ones IMO. Love the grips too.

75218ron

Is this an INOX or not?
That salesman was just trying to burst your bubble. He would kill to have a gun like that. It is an Inox, made before they changed the control levers to black. It looks new and in great shape.

lamarw

Mine is very similar to yours; although there are a few minor differences. On the right side of slide on mine it states "WARNING: RETRACT SLIDE TO SEE IF LOADED. FIRES WITHOUT MAGAZINE". On the frame below that on the right side it states: "READ MANUAL BEFORE USE". Mine is stamped STAINLESS on the top of the barrel and in the front of the slide.

I purchased mine new on Jan. 29, 2010. It also has the stainless controls like yours. I suspect yours maybe a little older than mine due to the lack of the above stamped wording. Mine is not marked anywhere, I am aware of, the wording INOX. The factory box does state on the label: MODELO - MODEL 92FSINO. The CODE block is: A564S611100100, and the CATALOGUE CODE is: JS92F505. The ORDER is: U00. The serial number is M53746Z. I am sure something in the above indicated the date of manufacture, but I do not know the answer therefore do not know the date of manufacture.

I did not remove the grips to look underneath on the frame since I replaced the factory grips with Crimson Trace grips and have it zero'ed in. I put the original grips back in the factory box for safe keeping.

Steamboatsig

Thanks for the information, lamarw. I think we figured out that the Turners' Salesperson didn't know what he was talking about. After a serial number search, I did in fact find the Product Description, "92FS INOX 3-DOT RUBBER". Mine was manufactured in 1999.

Last edited:

JoeSixpack

Well, I think this photo seals the deal.
Indeed, you haz the real deal, take good care of her.

Mine was the 2nd gun I ever bought and besides the guns inherited from my father the 2nd to last gun I'd sell.

It's really the 92's most beautiful form when it's in full stainless.
Often find them with black levers.. Blasphemy!

TXAZ

Nice grips.

I think you should send it to me to comprehensively test it and issue a report after a few thousand rounds. No charge as I like your handle. PM me for the address to ship it to.

:D

JohnKSa

Administrator
He told me that this gun isn't an INOX because the INOX has a beefier frame (like the Brigadier), and that this gun doesn't have an INOX Roll Mark.
The guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

1. There is no Brigadier frame--it uses the same frame as a regular 92/96. The Brigadier Berettas do have a beefier SLIDE.

2. INOX just means stainless and it refers primarily to the slide & barrel. The INOX frames are aluminum, just like the regular 92 frames. They are just anodized so they appear a silver color unlike the regular 92 frames which have a dark finish on them.

Here's the information from Beretta on my stainless 92FS which is marked identically to yours--but with a different serial # obviously.

Serial Number: BER13XXXX
Model: J92F500
Product Description: 92FS INOX 3-DOT RUBBER
Approximate Manufacture Date: 1999
Parts Listing: Parts
Owners Manual: Manual
Product Brochure or Literature: Brochure
Choke System: NOT APPLICABLE
Barrel: UD81069 -BARREL, 92 INOX (ASSY)
Stock: Stock-Not Available/Forend-Not Available​

If Beretta or any US or European manufacturer says Stainless or Inox then it is real inox.

Another Story is with Taurus. They have "inox" models as well but I am told by the factory it is just a finish. Each Taurus agent tells you another Story (on says the Barrel is rwla stainless but the slide not. Another says the slide is real stainless but the Barrel not).
The Taurus PT 92 AFS most likely is NOT stainless even if it is marketed as inox.