Beretta 92fs Hammer Spring D version install

Sgt Pepper

Just installed one in my 92fs, and OH HECK YEAH! This has to be the cheapest, simplest, easiest, and fastest upgrade that I have ever made to a firearm. Literally, the longest part of the entire operation was the removal and reinstallation of the grip panels. The DA trigger now is excellent. It's close to my Sig P229, which I consider to have the best DA of a DA/SA semi-auto trigger ever. And cheap at a whopping $6 roughly. I love it when a plan comes together!

passintime

This was also a major improvement to my Beretta. GREAT upgrade for little $$$. Did you have the USA or Italian made Beretta? Mine was the Italian made and had the punch pin instead of the screw retaining the mainspring in. THAT was a pain.

Sgt Pepper

Mine is USA made. The spring housing is retained with a punch pin. It falls out easily when you take pressure off of it by pushing down on the housing at the lanyard end. Do not push all the way, because that is the same as not pushing at all. Push about halfway and the pin can even fall out on its own.

bitttorrrent

Will this work with my pt99. I know it is a clone, but I have a px4 as well so don't blast me.

I just came across it in SS and bought it - have not even fired yet, but the DA is a bit heavy.

Spring job sounds like a good thing.

Don P

It may work and as far as the PX4 I used a 1911 main spring #18 for the replacement. There is also a Competition spring for the 92 that will lighten things up even more. I did have problems with the competition spring when I had my 22lr kit on the frame so I switched back to the D spring and all is good now. For 9 mm the comp spring is the cats meow

zincwarrior

This was also a major improvement to my Beretta. GREAT upgrade for little $$$. Did you have the USA or Italian made Beretta? Mine was the Italian made and had the punch pin instead of the screw retaining the mainspring in. THAT was a pain.

Mine also was a punch pin. It wasn't too bad though. Did this about a month after I bought the pistol. Have had it for several years with several thousand rounds of ammunition expended - no problems (actually no problems with the pistol at all, its literally never failed to load, fire, or eject).