Beretta 92FS FTE

HilfigerCelica

There are some guns that when you have the opportunity to shoot one, you know you better start saving. The Beretta 92 is that gun for me. The first 92 I shot was actually a Taurus that a guy at the range let me shoot. I just love how smooth they are and how they feel in my hands even though I have medium size hands. I love the open slide and the classic lines. So I was totally excited when my gf gave me a Beretta 92FS Inox for my birthday/ Xmas present. I ordered a "D" spring before I even had the gun. The Beretta currently has a little over 900 rds through it.

The first few hundred rds were pretty good but I had an occasional stovepipe and had a couple of double feeds; I figured it was just breaking in so I didn't think much of it. Lately, it's been jamming even more. I keep getting double feeds. The cartridge that was just fired is still in the chamber while a new round is blocked by the old cartridge (look at the 1st pic). It does it with Federal AE, WWB and Blazer Brass ammo. I clean it every time I shoot it. I don't think it's me because my sister's bf has a Taurus 92 and it has never jammed on me. I even let a firearms instructor shoot the Beretta and he had the same problem. I also have a CZ Rami, Kahr MK9 and Glock 19 that never jams on me. I was thinking it's an extractor problem but wanted input from you guys. I'm calling Beretta USA up Monday to see if they can send me a new extractor. If they doesn't work, I'll have to send it in. I really don't want to do that since they don't pay shipping both ways like S&W.

Attachments

• Picture 222.jpg
    Picture 222.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Picture 223.jpg
    Picture 223.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Picture 224.jpg
    Picture 224.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 125

robctwo

I had that problem with a 9mm Les Baer PII. Extractor. Mine didn't have enough hook and couldn't reliably grab the rim. It had enough hook to be an intermittent problem.

stinx

Is the gun new? will it extract fired rounds if you load a magazine with 1 round and fire? IF the gun has been shot alot you may need to clean behind the extractor.

Naterstein

Yeah I would have to agree with the extractor being the problem. D spring would have nothing to do with that sort of malfunction. Nice looking Pistol bro.

I would attempt to order as many stainless parts as you could as well (ie trigger, safety, slide release, takedown lever, guide rod).

Homerboy

Since you already have the black controls, might as well get the black extractor. Supposedly more stout than the INOX one. I have two INOX ones on hand because my INOX pistol does not have black controls. I don't think Beretta even sells the INOX extractors anymore.

HilfigerCelica

So I just got off the phone with Beretta USA and they said they won't send out a new extractor. They said, I would have to overnight it back to them so that one of their gunsmiths can look at it. The catch is that the turn around time is 6-8 weeks:barf:. I may just get another extractor and see if that works.

HilfigerCelica

Update: Well I got the gun back from Beretta and they told me that the wrong extractor was installed at the factory. So they gave me another case for my troubles. They also let me extended the warranty for 2 yrs even though I return the registration card 6 months after I bought it. I guess Taurus isn't the only company that lets a few mistakes slip out of the factory. ;)