Beretta 92.. US vs Italian made

FlyinGN

I have a question about a 92 that I am looking at in a local gun shop. Its stainless with houge rubber grips and in 100% mint, looks like never been fired condition. It also is one of the ones made in Italy with (2) 15 round mags. Whats the difference between the Italian and US made 92's? Are the Italian ones worth more? When did they stop making them over there and start making them here? Whats this one worth ?? Its MINT.

Does anyone know of a beretta gun forum?

Frank

Pecos21

There are not too many differences between Italian made and US made. Some would argue that there would be finer machining on the Italian. Other things to look at that Beretta USA has changed would be the addition of plastic parts such as: guide rod, mag base plate, lanyard loop, trigger, etc. BUSA has also changed the dust cover on the 92/96. Some are unhappy with that.
I can't answer you on the prices because Italian Berettas are not common where I am from. All I can say is that I would go with the Italian one.

Check out www.berettaforum.net

seb5

Ok, around here you would see it on a table for around 600.00. If you were selling it you'd put about 500.00 in it. I gave 525.00 for my last one. That is assuming 2 15's, box. papers, etc. in good shape. I have owned several over the years and still have one as well as an identical USA stainless 92. To me there is no comparison between the 2. It's not that the Italian is worth a whole lot more, but it is more desirable. Without getting them out, the finish between frame and slide matches much better on the Italian. The italian had silver sights with red dots. The machining and finishing is superior on it as well. It is slickerer, if that could be a word.

abelew

Ive looked at beretta's guns off and on, I carried a m9 (92) when I was in the air force. They are ok, rather slick action, big grip, big gun. Not much recoil, but good for much for civvies except night stand duty, and plinking. Its too big (in my opinion) for CCW, and too big for its capacity and round that it fires. However this is just my opinion, and if it fits your needs/wants/cravings, then it's not a poor choice in firearm, and you would be well served by it.