Beretta 92 Stock?

HankB

I just found that Beretta apparently makes a version of their 92FS called the 92 Stock, with a frame-mounted safety that allows for "cocked and locked" use, a reinforced Brigadier slide, and a front barrel bushing to enhance accuracy. Has anyone here seen one, or had some experience with one of these?

M

m3bullet

HankB,

I've known about the 92/96/98 Stock Competition pistols and wanted one since 1997 when they came out. I have a 1997 Beretta catalog that lists the Stock among its Gold Series Competition Pistols. Here's the description and specifications:

"Designed for "practical" shooting competition, the New 92, 96, and 98 Stock Competition Pistols are based on the heavier Brigadier slide for improved balance and lower felt recoil. An accurizing barrel bushing eliminates slide-to-barrel play and is user replaceable when worn. Front serrations on the slide enable easier racking. The Stock is a single-double action pistol with an extended, ambidextrous frame-mounted safety and half-cock notch that can be carried in the cocked-and-locked position. A 125mm barrel is standard. Three front sights are included, interchangeable for height. Beveled magazine well. Rubber magazine bumper." The attached file includes a picture from the catalog.

Now for the bad news - I've made several inquiries at the factory over the years and they always tell me the Stock is not imported to this country. The 1997 Beretta Retail Price List has only the Model 96 Stock included: CAT CODE - J96S930, UPC CODE - 15570-8, MAG. CAP - 10, PRICE - $1371.

Guess Beretta doesn't think there exists a market in which to import their pricey 96 Stock. If you find any new information on availability, I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• stockr.jpg
    stockr.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 219
Last edited: