Beretta 92 Mag Springs

Dragline45

I see on the Wolf springs website they have +5% and +10% power mag springs for the 15rd Beretta 92 mags. Can anyone recommend one over the other, or should I just try to get them strait from the factory?

Last edited:

10-96

"From the factory"- I assume you mean the Wolff factory? The standard Wolff spring is fine. The new Beretta replacement springs (from Beretta) are horrendously weak- weaker than the worn one's we were replacing.

Backstory: We had the Beretta 92D as duty weapons at my dept, and several months prior to Switching over To Sigs, we ordered a large quantity of magazine springs, mainsprings, recoil springs, firing pin springs, etc. All but the magazine springs were of good quality, but I would not recommend Beretta mag springs to anyone.

Dragline45

Never had a need, I use mec gar 18 rounds.

Unfortunately I live in Massachusetts, and even though my firearms license is Class A Large Capacity, I can only own pre-ban mags. Since the 18rd mags were not made before 1994, the 15rd mags are my only option. I'm just happy I got my hands on a couple mint unused pre-ban 92 mags to even worry about the 18 rounders. Also got a pre-ban 20rd M1A mag, damn was that hard to track down.

10-96 thanks for the reply. Instead of ordering spares to keep around ill order a couple more to replace the factory beretta springs as well.

Last edited: