Beretta 9000S?

tankertom

I picked up a Beretta brochure at the SHOT show but did not spend a ton of time at their booth.

Now looking at the brochure I see a picture of an interesting new handgun available in 9mm and .40. Did anyone else actually handle one at the show?

Has anyone heard anything about lead time on this critter?

Thanks,
Tom

Svt

You didn't give us much to work with as in description. My guess on what you saw maybe the Beretta Brigadier Elite. Its frame is very similiar to the 92 series except the slide is a tad thicker. This is so the pistol can handle a lot more durability from a lot of shooting.
The barrel is stainless steel and it's flush with the slide. They made it stainless for durability reasons.
The finish is Matte Black Bruniton. It comes in either single/double action or double action only in 9mm and .40
Hopefully this the firearm you saw at SHOT. If not, then I just did a lot of typing for naught hehehe :D

------------------
Svt
Son's Place

Guns don't kill innocent people. Democrats kill innocent people.

tankertom

Sorry to have been cryptic SVT.

The 9000S is a new model, polymer frame with very swoopy lines. The grip is overmolded soft polymer.

The text said it is a Giugaro (sp?) design.

Sort of like a Vektor CP1 without the poor magazine release.

[This message has been edited by tankertom (edited January 29, 2000).]

Russell92

the 9000 series guns have a polymer frame and are a compact size that is about the size of the 84. It has an open slide like the 92 series guns and can exept 92/96 hi-cap mags. i'm not sure when its supposed to be released.

Jeff OTMG

See SHOT SHOW DAY ONE or TWO for the Beretta 9000S info. A chunky little gun, seemed a bit pudgier than a Glock 27, but it handles 92 and 96 full cap mags.