Beretta 9000

defjon

I've had this gun for a couple years now...

I am trying to like it. It's my only 9mm. I'm going to purchase some of the mag extenders so it can accept hi cap Beretta 92 mags, instead of the twin neutered 10 rounders she came with.

Anyone else have this weapon? For its size, it really is pretty accurate, and the recoil is comparable to a pellet gun, at least in 9mm. Never shot the .40 version.

I've heard that Beretta 92's have a problem with their slide cracking, something with the barrel lugs...? Does this apply to my 9000 too? If the gun is only going to go 10k rounds without breaking, it may light a fire under my ass to go ahead and upgrade. I got a great deal on this gun, I can definately make a couple hundred bucks selling it off. As of now, I'm just reluctant to. Especially because I'd have a few hundred 9mms with no platform to shoot them from!

defjon

Okay, good. I was only asking because the 9000 so highly resembles the 92, at least in the slide/barrel portions. The view looking down the barrel is practically a dead ringer for the 92! I do like the Beretta's looks, that is why I picked up the kid brother version.

Do you know anything about the magazine issue? Will I need a beretta factory adapter? Thanks for the respone btw.

theberettaman

For all practical purposes yes you need the adaptor sleeve. Without the adapter the mag will lock in place and function but it's very sloppy and the slightest giggle and the mag will fall out of the wider grip of the 9000.