Beretta 9000 info...

topspin43

What can you guys tell me about the 9000? It caught my eye and so did the price. What's the scoop on them? Any good?

Pecos21

I've shot the 9000 quite a bit. I love it. It's kinda fat in the grip and the slide is hard to grasp, but other than that it's an incredibly reliable compact handgun. One of the supplied magazines has a extendable pinky rest which helps a lot.

fwcofficer

My friend had a 9000 in .40 and I didn't like it at all, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it and it wasn't fun in prolonged range sessions.

SouthpawShootr

Mine is quite a 9mm and is quite accurate. Then again, I've got lots of compact and subcompact guns and am used to shooting them. The trigger predictably, is long and rather heavy (if you campare to, say, a Glock). Another complaint is that the slide is a bit too low profile. That's debatable, but the slide is nonetheless not as tall as the Beretta 92FS, for instance. Safeties can be still initially, but they break in. Complaints about the grip center on how thick (fat) it is. Point taken, but I've got large hands and it suits me just fine. I think you should at least hold the gun before taking it home.

OK, now here's what I like. Reliability - was perfect from the outset. Front sight is dovetailed - makes night sight installation MUCH easier. Beretta makes a mag baseplate that has a flip down finger rest - neat little gadget. Price is outstanding. Already mentioned accuracy. For cocked and locked lovers, it is possible to set the safety to carry the gun cocked with the safety on (this leaves me scratching my head, but some see it as a plus). The safety itself is much more accessible than the 92 series b/c it's on the frame. Now what I can't figure is why in the heck they went back to the slide mounted safety on the PX4. :confused: Frame mounted safeties have been a wishlist item for a long time.

My advice: If you're interested in one, handle it at the store and see if you think you can live with the width of the gripframe. If you can, I don't see any reason not to get it.