Beretta 71

Rodger_p

Got this off of GB. The fake can and threads had been removed before I got it. I didn't want to have to add a thread protector so it works perfect for me.
The requisite handling marks are present, but mechanically pristine.
Shoots great and functions flawlessly with standard and high velocity ammo.
Someone on Rimfire central had mentioned that the front sight may fall out without the can in place. But, the sight is staked quite securely.
Based on the date code, (AB) 1976 production.
It came with two mags, in my case both were Triple K. They both function just fine.

Attachments

• 71trade 007.JPG
    71trade 007.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 127

745SW

Mines a 6" version. The front sight is dovetailed into place from the muzzle, not from the side as is normally thought.

I believe these Berettas are among the most reliable 22LRs ever made. :D

amd6547

Mine has the 6" barrel. Faultless performance, a great shooter.
So the tripleK mags work ok?
When I got my 71, it was jamming a bit. I found that the 2 mags with mine were Bersa.
At that time, I was able to order two Beretta mags from Brignoli, in Italy.
Problem solved, and my 71 never misses a beat.

Guggmeister

I have the 72. Completely reliable. It's the longer-barreled version, because pocket pistol permits are not issued in Finland since 1998.

Rodger_p

AMD6547, do you know if the mags from Italy are still available?
If so, how much are they? And, do you have a link/website?

And yes, the Triple K mags work fine (so far). I did have to tweek the follower on one of them because it would not lock the slide open every time.

jonnyc

I check Brignoli every couple of months........no mags there. I wonder what became of all the spare mags for the 71s that came out of Israel. All the pistols with the fake suppressors came with a single mag, got to be a batch somewhere.

745SW

The latest Turner's flier has the Beretta 84. I don't understand the logic of bringing back a blow-back 380ACP. IMO the 70/71 series in the smaller calibers would be desirable. :confused:

carguychris

745SW said:
The latest Turner's flier has the Beretta 84. I don't understand the logic of bringing back a blow-back 380ACP.
Because the Series 81 is great? ;)

They fill a niche. It's a small one, but it's a niche none the less.
745SW said:
IMO the 70/71 series in the smaller calibers would be desirable.
Potentially true, but I think a major factor in their continued dormancy is the fact that they're SAO, and they're really not that small, light, or snag-free compared to newer designs.

Keep in mind that the SAO design makes the Series 70 difficult to lawfully import, as the 68 GCA Factoring Criteria grants 10 points for a DA trigger. This—among other design factors—is a major reason why the recently imported 71s have faux suppressors welded on; the phony "can" boosts the OAL and weight.

Guggmeister

Some tripleK magazines are fine, others just don't work (especially High Standard 3k's). Buyer beware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guggmeister

I believe these Berettas are among the most reliable 22LRs ever made. :D

Correct. They run at 90-250€ in Finland.

I bought one as spare parts and for the magazine recently - no need to apply for permit when the gun is disassembled and sold as parts to someone with a permit for an identical gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: