Beretta 21A .22 LR

velocette

I bought a Beretta 21 A - Inox a few weeks ago for a pocket pistol and plinking fun pistol. What a blast it is to shoot! (pun intended) So far, it has had no jams, failures etc at all. It's sights are minimal, barely functional but With care, it will shoot nice groups. With instinctive point shooting, it patterns nicely at intended point of aim.
The Beretta functions with std. velocity LR, high velocity LR and CCI stingers. Admittedly it does not seem to function as eagerly with std. velocity but it does not malfunction. The CCI stingers give an impressive (for a .22) fireball at the muzzle and vigorous ejection. Gotta be my carry load, if the bullet doesn't stop 'em , the fireball will scare 'em into submission. :rolleyes:
Comfortable to shoot, the trigger is OK in DA, a bit gritty with creep in SA, but seems to be smoothing out the more I shoot it. (I'm up to a little over 400 rds through it.) I think I have another keeper!

Roger

blume357

I've had trouble with different loads in mine, so it sounds

like you are lucky, or I'm unlucky. they are a pretty little pistol.... if you are happy with it and can hit anything beyond 10ft with it then that's a good thing.

CCI mini-mags is what mine likes.

Magyar

Keep using the hypervelocity loads, keep all moving parts well lubed and you'll be in better shape than I was with mine..At least it helped...
I really liked the fit & finish, the tip-up barrel and the like; but I just could not get mine to be more than 80% reliable...Too many nose-up jams...
Couple of trips to the Beretta factory didn't help..
Consider yourself to have good fortune with yours and good shooting...I believe I had one of those "lemons" that all mfgr's will come up with every so often...;)

Pilot

Mine has been 100% reliable with CCI Minimags and Stingers. I prefer the Minimags for carry. Its a fine little back up.

trader vic

Beretta Fan

I have a M 21 in stainless steel. It is a fun gun to plink & practice with. Mine works best with Remington high speed loads. I'll have to give the CCI loads a try. Keep it clean & find ammo that it likes & you can have a ball. NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER